• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Rodney with my JRT (Who says Jacks can't be freinds with small furries?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrea

This is my rescue GP, Rodney with Meg my Jack Russell. They love each others company.

Oh that is so cute, I used to have a terrier cross called Toby who loved all my small furries, his best friend was a tiny runty hamster I hand reared they were so cute together.sadly both gone to rainbow bridge now hopefully running together. Toby was almost 18 years old when he died

Lovely pic! It all depends on how the dog is trained. When I first got my Skye (Cairn / Scotty cross) from a rescue back in February she wanted to *kill* the rabbits. Within a few months she had settled in well, and is now really gentle with them and only wants to get to their food (and their poo - YUK :-\ )

Of course I would never leave her with guineas or rabbits unsupervised, but nowadays she never even attempts to chase or bother them in any way.

When I kept rabbits our dog would bring in wild ones from the field but never touched my rabbits or guineas or showed any interest in them whatsoever. :)

My cats are like that Karen, they sometimes bring back (dead) wild rabbits in the summer, but show not the slightest interest in my own rabbits or guineas.

I think some of it might be because the Guins and Buns aren't instinctively afraid of the dog/cat. The cats round here rarely show any interest in the Guins and they usually get a good long nasal gaze if they do ;D

Yes! My own cats are terrified of my rabbits, as they run towards the cats, not away from them! They also avoid the guineas for some reason.

My dogs just love to eat bunny and piggy poo! :P ?

What a lovely pic, they both look as though they are waiting for you to kick the ball...well, I'm sure Meg is :)

Barbara

Thanks everyone, it's a shame I chopped Meg's head off, she doesn't sit still for long when she has her ball! I am sure she suffers from OCD, she has an obsession with tennis balls! I have a few more too, which I need to resize first.

I have onlt had Rodney for a few months, and I think he is around 12 months old. I am soon to be getting another rescue, a baby boar to keep him company. ;)

that is a gorgeous picture.

I had a staffie x who the same adored all my other animals, he also cleaned up my first ever litter of Persian kittens

karen

Aww thats so cute.
I'm sure my cats used to visit my pig for little talks, when ever they went near his home he would run up to them as if to say "got any good gossip?" ;D
The dogs show a distinct lack of interest.

chinakit said:
Yes! My own cats are terrified of my rabbits, as they run towards the cats, not away from them! They also avoid the guineas for some reason.

My dogs just love to eat bunny and piggy poo! :P ?

Hehe I know that! My sister had two BIG rabbits and she got a kitten. Kitten was curious and went to sniff the rabbits, Rabbit sits on hind legs and uses front paws to smack her on the head a few times - poor thing, she was terrified of rabbits from that point on!

Dogs eating bunny and piggy poo - of course they would ::) a nice little snack in between... dogs of my sis love used paper tissues best though, they start licking at them and eventually eat them (urgs, gross) :o

Abnoba said:
Dogs eating bunny and piggy poo - of course they would ::) a nice little snack in between... dogs of my sis love used paper tissues best though, they start licking at them and eventually eat them (urgs, gross) :o

Yep, my doggies do the same (re the tissues)! Worst thing is, they then want to come and give me a big wet doggy kiss! Oh YUK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back