• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Romaine Lettuce daily?

Samhtm

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all,
So for quite a while now I've been feeding my guinea pigs romaine lettuce everyday - they get maybe a 1/10th of a heart each evening. Is this okay? They also get around an 1/8th of a pepper each evening as well.

I switch out other vegetables with it like carrots, cucumber, brocoli, rocket, basil, mint etc.

They can eat lettuce daily. Mine get a daily veg diet of little gem lettuce, coriander, pepper and cucumber.

Other veggies are given as well as the four above but are in rotation and limited as appropriate due to calcium content for example.

yes! i give my guinea pigs lettuce every day, it also gives them water if they are dehydrated or deprived! just make sure it’s not iceberg as it can give them the runs!

They can eat lettuce daily. Mine get a daily veg diet of little gem lettuce, coriander, pepper and cucumber.

Other veggies are given as well as the four above but are in rotation and limited as appropriate due to calcium content for example.
Amazing thank you! I've been trying to watch my piggies calcium too. Recently switched to give them filtered water so I could monitor it better 😂
yes! i give my guinea pigs lettuce every day, it also gives them water if they are dehydrated or deprived! just make sure it’s not iceberg as it can give them the runs!
Thank you! Mine dont seem to drink too much from their bottle but I think its because they get most from their veggies :)

Back