• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Roof Needed On Raised Cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florrieberry

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I've just made our first C&C cage, but had to leave it on the floor as it is too long and wide to fit on the coffee table. Seems strange not having a lid! Would like to put it back up on table, when I get a large piece of wood today to go across table and span the extra space, but am nervous of this with no lid. Do I need to made a lid first? Do piggies ever climb over single layer C&C panel?
I do want to build a loft on as well, which means although I could have a roof on the loft, I couldn't on the cage due to the ramp. Grateful for any advice /experience please.

There is the odd piggy that will climb but as a general rule no they dont. I've never had lids on my C&C cages and most I have see have been because there are cats and dogs about.

There is the odd piggy that will climb but as a general rule no they dont. I've never had lids on my C&C cages and most I have see have been because there are cats and dogs about.
Thank you

I have never had a lid on my C&C, they have never escaped, if however i had children or dogs/cats etc, i would then put a lid on the cage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back