• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Room temperatures.. please help..

Vander74

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi after some advice please, is a room whose temperature is consistently around 24.4c too hot for guniea pigs to live in? My husbands hayfever has gone through roof with piggies being downstairs with us all time ( not just sneezing poor thing has red raw eyes 😢 ) considering moving upstairs to daughters homework/computer room to see if helps him (we have already tried changing hay, made it worse!) as only other room that has space for 2 x4 c&c but is always 24.4 c in there, even in night only drops to 23c would this be too hot for pigs please? Xx

Hi after some advice please, is a room whose temperature is consistently around 24.4c too hot for guniea pigs to live in? My husbands hayfever has gone through roof with piggies being downstairs with us all time ( not just sneezing poor thing has red raw eyes 😢 ) considering moving upstairs to daughters homework/computer room to see if helps him (we have already tried changing hay, made it worse!) as only other room that has space for 2 x4 c&c but is always 24.4 c in there, even in night only drops to 23c would this be too hot for pigs please? Xx

It is at the warmer end and should certainly not get any hotter!
Guinea pigs are most comfortable at the same room temperatures as humans.

Hay fever and allergy is not uncommon. Many of us have to take over the counter hay fever tablets, myself included.

Just wondering, as you have only recently become piggie slaves, could it actually be the recent weather conditions that have caused your husband's have fever to get worse? I have hay fever too, which is normally not too bad, but this week it has been far far worse than usual - I've even resorted to taking Piriton before bed to clear my nose and help me sleep as my usual anti-histamines haven't been as effective as they normally are.
(I hope it's just that so you don't have to move your pigs upstairs!)

It is at the warmer end and should certainly not get any hotter!
Guinea pigs are most comfortable at the same room temperatures as humans.

Hay fever and allergy is not uncommon. Many of us have to take over the counter hay fever tablets, myself included.

Hi Thank you for answering , I’ll try and see over next couple of days what else can bring temp down with, fans, air coolers etc before decide if to move them then, already have window a jar & blinds down, My husband already takes strong tablets from Doctors for as He has quite serious psoriasis too and the antihistamine helps little with the itchy, sadly the antihistamine doesn’t seem to be helping with the hay but I’ll see what can do with the room temp I just wanted to know what was comfortable temps for them, Thanks again x

Just wondering, as you have only recently become piggie slaves, could it actually be the recent weather conditions that have caused your husband's have fever to get worse? I have hay fever too, which is normally not too bad, but this week it has been far far worse than usual - I've even resorted to taking Piriton before bed to clear my nose and help me sleep as my usual anti-histamines haven't been as effective as they normally are.
(I hope it's just that so you don't have to move your pigs upstairs!)

Hi hubby already takes antihistamine but is possible it’s just worse for everyone anyway at the moment with pollen count so high, will give it more time and see whilst I’m also experimenting with daughters room to see if can get it cooler, they are actually her pigs and it’s where she is 99% of time so they certainly wouldn’t be alone up there! Lol xx

Hi Thank you for answering , I’ll try and see over next couple of days what else can bring temp down with, fans, air coolers etc before decide if to move them then, already have window a jar & blinds down, My husband already takes strong tablets from Doctors for as He has quite serious psoriasis too and the antihistamine helps little with the itchy, sadly the antihistamine doesn’t seem to be helping with the hay but I’ll see what can do with the room temp I just wanted to know what was comfortable temps for them, Thanks again x

Here are out tips for coping with hot weather: Hot Weather Management And Heat Strokes

If your piggies are kept at constant warm temperature, they will adapt to it.

Back