• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Rosewood :meadow Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloriousGuineaGirl

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
For all of us that use Bunny looks like Rosewood have developed their own...

Heres the link and you can also check the ingredients for molasses.

I will be trying some and also checking the actual box regarding ingredients as on another thread here I discussed I had found that Burgess website doesn't state their well known flavors have molasses added but on the actual bags it states it's in there :)

@helen105281

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/meadow-menu-guinea-pig.html

Screenshot_2015-06-13-06-22-13.png

£23.97 for 6kg (3 x 2kg bags)

Presently Bunny is £22.90 for 1 x 4kg

If it's just as good I will def be switching.

If I get mine before you order again I'll glady send you out some to sample... Same to @helen105281 will do the same save us all wasting money if it's rubbish.

Somehow though I have a feeling it won't be.... Hopefully :)

... I notice in the analysis section it says it's 0.9% calcium ......

i think that 0.9% calcium is at the higher end isn't it? it's the same as the vitakraft though so maybe it depends on what the overall balance is with everything else. not sure. :)

The calcium content of this food does look high but is about about the same as burgess and harringtons. For this reason I don't think it would be suitable for guinea pigs needing to be fed a low calcium diet.
However when looking at the ingredients some of them such as Yucca and Daisy's ...ect. I was under the impression were poisonous for guinea pigs. I don't know for sure though:)

Good timing, my friend who recommended the Bunny has reviewed this this morning and says it is on a par with JR Farms grainless. The calcium levels are the same as the Vitakraft emotion but I think it is the overall balance that is important and the fact that it is not from calcium carbonate. For pigs prone to IC though there are a few ingredients that could cause issues like with the JR Farms and even the Vitakraft - dandelion, parsnip and root veg but for healthy pigs it is good. Great that it is available in the UK.

:DI have just read about these new pellets in the latest issue of "Small Furry Pets" magazine. I have emailed Rosewood Pet Products to ask for a small sample bag. (The pellets are not actually on the website- yet! ) My pigs love the Naturals Meadow hay cookies, so they should like these. I noticed the similarity to the Bunny pellets, too. Same ingredients mostly, and even much the same shape.

The calcium content of this food does look high but is about about the same as burgess and harringtons. For this reason I don't think it would be suitable for guinea pigs needing to be fed a low calcium diet.
However when looking at the ingredients some of them such as Yucca and Daisy's ...ect. I was under the impression were poisonous for guinea pigs. I don't know for sure though:)
I was about to say the same thing, about the daisy plant.

:DI don't know about the Yucca plant, but Daisies definitely are NOT poisonous to piggies! I give mine daises quite often and have never had a problem. Poisonous? Buttercups, yes. Daisies, no.
As for the Yucca, many species bear edible parts, including fruits, seeds, flowers and flowering stems, and more rarely roots. It says so on Wikipedia, so it must be true! :tu:

:DI don't know about the Yucca plant, but Daisies definitely are NOT poisonous to piggies! I give mine daises quite often and have never had a problem. Poisonous? Buttercups, yes. Daisies, no.
As for the Yucca, many species bear edible parts, including fruits, seeds, flowers and flowering stems, and more rarely roots. It says so on Wikipedia, so it must be true! :tu:
I remember reading daisies can give tummy upsets and are mildly poisonous BUT perhaps it's a case of misinformation on the web - it does tend to be a frequent thing.... :)
There was me diligently pulling up any daisy that dared stray onto the lawn! :)

I remember reading daisies can give tummy upsets and are mildly poisonous BUT perhaps it's a case of misinformation on the web - it does tend to be a frequent thing.... :)
There was me diligently pulling up any daisy that dared stray onto the lawn! :)

:DPerhaps I should say that I only give a few at a time. Never great handfuls of them. Can never find that many! I will often give maybe two or three with their breakfast veg, too.

Ooo, if anyone manages to get a sample pack would you be able to let me know?

Amber has completely gone off of the vitakraft, I'd say she's eating 2 or 3 and thats it. So if sample packs of these are being given out by them I'd like to try them :). Her calcium deposits have got noticeably better since I cut out muesli but she still gets them so I think she's just always going to. Atleast its not as many.

:DIf they send me a sample bag, I will let you know. :tu:
I told them that I would tell you all, if my piggies liked them, thus encourage more sales. Sneaky!:sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back