• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Rosie

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cutecavy

Rosie is my cute, baby hamster and she has a HUGE story!

First of all, I saw her at my School's Animal Club when I came to help out for the first time. I wasn't at all please with the conditions the animals were kept with. There were over 13 hamsters, 6 chins, 4 geckos, 1 snake, 7 gerbils and many more. The Gerbils has a very nice, huge cage and was very clean and tidy. However But the hamsters and other animals had small cages and many escaped daily and then were found. So my teacher asked me to look at this one hamster who she said was "ill". She indeed was VERY ill, not just ill, she was dying. She had horrible Wet Tail, was so thin you could feel her ribs and spine, dehydrated, no food or water in cage, had a stroke the day before my teacher told me and couldn't walk etc. So, I told my teacher she needed to get her to a vet immediatly however she refused so I asked if I could take her, cure her and keep her since they weren't caring for her properly and she said "Ok, but she is dying anyway" How rude is that!

So, the day I got her, she went straight to the vet and stayed over night. She got a dose of Baytril and another medication, also was bathed and cleaned up. When I got her back, I bought her a nice, spacious cage with a Wheel, water, food, house, toys, tunnels and tubes etc and she loved them!

It's been over 2 weeks since I rescued her and she goes to the vet every weekend for a check up. Her wet tail is now 100% gone along with all her other illnesses and she is gaining weight and is now very tame and friendly.

The school thought she was a boy and I didn't think much of that until last weekend and the vet found out she was a girl! We called her Zenny when we thought she was a boy but now, she is called Rosie!

This is the most recent photo - If you saw how she looked before (It was awful to see, she was dying!) and how she looks now, there is a HUGE improvement!

IMG_0402.jpg

wow thats really good of you, you should be so proud of what you have done... I have always been concerned with schools or classes having pets, and this goes to show it isnt always good... I'm sure some schools look after their pets extremly well, but its just a shame for cases like this...

Anyway she looks a picture of health... I had two hamsters years ago one lived till 6 and the other till 5... hope she can have a long and happy life

Awwwwwwwwww, Rosie is just so cute. She is certainly a very lucky hamster that you came along and rescued her. Well done you on taking a stand and caring enough to save her life :D (((((((((((( HUGS )))))))))))

Aww thank you so much Wheekster and Lukey! 5 years is very old for a hamster, what a lucky hamster to live that long ;D

Rosie is doing very well today, drinking and eating lots and lots!

Livie

x

She is coming along so nicely now Livie! Your doing fab and she looks so cheeky!

(thanks for the PM, I saw you added me on msn, I am not on it at the moment as I am kind of in pieces but am pulling myself together LOL)

Wiggy said:
Aww thank you so much Wheekster and Lukey! 5 years is very old for a hamster, what a lucky hamster to live that long ;D

Rosie is doing very well today, drinking and eating lots and lots!

Livie

x

lol i know, I went crazy buying the rotastak housing for them I think all that exercise made them live longer... its really fun stuff, shame guinea pig housing isnt more inventive like that...

hope here life is as happy, fun and eventful as my hammys was, I'm sure with you looking after her it will be

Here is an update on little Rosie.

On Saturday, I noticed it seemed like the Wet Tail was returning, which is normal in her case. It wasn't yet completely gone and it started to act up again, occasionaly squeak in pain and very messy anus. Also refused to eat or drink. The vet was closed and last time at the vet, she was given 0.02ml of Baytril and a bum bath. So, I had some left over Baytril from when Scooby had URI and I used it and gave it to her, then gave her a bum bath and now, tonight she is drinking and eating again and is active and clean.

So, lots of improvment ;D

hiya

Great news that rosie is feeling better ;D

She is such a cute little hammie

Love

Claire
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back