• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ruby Has A Massive Hay Poke

Status
Not open for further replies.

klee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Long time no speak. And long time since my last vets visit. I came home last night to find Ruby had managed to get yet another bad hay poke. Her eye was completely clouded over, rang the vets and rushed her in during rush hour :/
As it turns out she has a massive ulcer covering half of her eye, so she is on fucithalmic twice a day and metacam 0.2ml. The vet wants to see her again on Monday to check it is healing as it is so big. The hay she fished out was massive.
Can we have some healing vibes for my special ginger girl please?
Kayleigh

Aww poor girl :( I'm sending healing vibes her way, hope the drugs to the trick for her!

Poor Ruby, that does sound nasty. I hope the ulcer clears up quickly.

Poor Ruby. Hope it clears up quickly. I was interested to read the prescription because our Nibbles was prescribed the same drops twice a day yesterday for a scratch on her eye. The vet thinks she somehow did it to herself.

Oh poor Ruby :( get well soon little lady!
Eye pokes are so nasty looking as well! Piggies just seem to have no concern for their eyes when it comes to diving in a big pile of hay!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the eye is healing well. Depending on the size of the hole, it can take two weeks. I have been prescribed fucithalmic for my piggies with good experiences.

Poor Ruby,

I hope she gets better soon. Sending healing vibes.

Aww, poor Ruby. Fingers crossed for a fast recovery.

My Emma had a bad hay poke last year and it took nearly two weeks before it completely healed. It also got worse before it started looking better. You could see the White dot on her eye where the hay had poked her, her eye completely clouded over and the White part of her eye turned red.

I had been thinking you about you the other day! I am glad to be given an update, but a very sad one.
Sending huge vibes to the little one, xx

Ouch! That sounds really nasty. I hope the eye heals well and quickly. The Fucithalmic should do the trick. It worked well on Maya's eye but she only had a small ulcer. They scratch at the eye with a hind foot and that makes it look worse.

Hey Kayleigh, really lovely to see you again, Hope you and the Sausages are well x

So sorry to hear about ruby's eye, lots of vibes being sent, please keep us updated on her.

lots of love from Rach, myself and the girlies x x x

Hello, little Ruby :love: Sending you lots of love x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back