• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ruby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtis Cavies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
In memory of Ruby, my beautiful crested girl. One of four I adopted from rescue who guessed her age at about 2yrs. I had the honour and privilege to give you and the others a beautiful loving home, where losing each and every one of you is so, so hard but softened slightly knowing that all your friends, my dearly missed loved ones are there to welcome you and lead you popcorning into fields of gold.
Rest peacefully, my lovely Ruby, reunited now with your best friend Echo. All the others girls and Gregor send their love and are missing you already. They send their wheeks and love, guiding you over to Echo and Co. Till we meet again, little one. Love Mum.X
Ruby - blessed me with her love from July 2011 - 14.03.15. Aged 5 1/2years.

Thank you cavy friends.
One day I'll learn how to get my photo's of all my loved ones, past and present on here. Others seem to manage, so I know it should be possible to do!
The reason I'd like to is that most of my cavy friends have come from rescue and I have absolutely no idea how to describe their correct colouring. I know smooth coat and Abyssinian, Peruvian and a few more coat types but not all the colour ways. I have no idea how to say what colour my lovely Ruby even was! She was crested, with red eyes, hence her name, but I'm stumped after that!
I know Torties, some self coloured coat names, gold and silver agouti, not sure even If the lovely Echo, who left me last year, was a cinnamon agouti or if I had that totally wrong. She was similar to the little Sasha in my avatar, but all over solid whereas Sasha had 'biscuit'/'cream' patches.
Oh, how much easier if a photo could be had. Gonna set myself some homework! Do you have a guide to different colours on the forum at all?

Thank you cavy friends.
One day I'll learn how to get my photo's of all my loved ones, past and present on here. Others seem to manage, so I know it should be possible to do!
The reason I'd like to is that most of my cavy friends have come from rescue and I have absolutely no idea how to describe their correct colouring. I know smooth coat and Abyssinian, Peruvian and a few more coat types but not all the colour ways. I have no idea how to say what colour my lovely Ruby even was! She was crested, with red eyes, hence her name, but I'm stumped after that!
I know Torties, some self coloured coat names, gold and silver agouti, not sure even If the lovely Echo, who left me last year, was a cinnamon agouti or if I had that totally wrong. She was similar to the little Sasha in my avatar, but all over solid whereas Sasha had 'biscuit'/'cream' patches.
Oh, how much easier if a photo could be had. Gonna set myself some homework! Do you have a guide to different colours on the forum at all?

Are you on a laptop at moment, you could email me your photos and I will pop them up of her? PM me now if you would like me to do this... I am logging off in an hour

Lee

Are you on a laptop at moment, you could email me your photos and I will pop them up of her? PM me now if you would like me to do this... I am logging off in an hour

Lee
Thanks Lee. I obviously missed you but what a generous offer. Unfortunately, when I've looked at my photos I have on the tablet, there aren't any of Ruby! I will have to dig out the real photos and then scan them on! But thank you very much for offering!

Popcorn free, Ruby. Enjoy your friends who have gone to the bridge before you. I'd love to see pictures; I hope you can figure that one out. So sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back