• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Runny eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lizz79

Hi, ive just cleaned out piggys and I'm wondering if doras got a little runny eye, its only slight but i was thinking i it could be a possible sign of a cold coming? Their cage isnt near a draught or anything but i only got them saturday and they lived outside in a shed, dont know if the shed was heated or anything.Could anyone tell me what they think or what or if i should bathe it?Her nose isnt running and shes lively.Thanks in advance liz :)

is it white? if so thats perfectly normal eye secretions, if watery maybe you are using different hay or bedding to what Doras use to it could be a little bit of hay has irritated her eye making it run, I would keep an eye on her, it might be a one off

Ive just had another look at her and its alittle crusty around the bottom of the eye, she looks like shes not got it open as wide as the other...ooo I'm an easy worrier me, i may have only had them since saturday but i love them both to pieces already and id die if anything were to happen to her ( honestly they are all i think about alday, I'm obsessed with them :D)

Good advice Michelle first time i saw the white eye gunk i freaked :o
Poor little one i'd bathe it, i bathe Duke's eye with a weak solution of warm (pre boiled first and cooled down) water and salt, wipe gently not towards the eye but away so you're not putting any gunk in the eye.
Good luck, piggie kisses to Dora :-*

Glynis said:
Good advice Michelle first time i saw the white eye gunk i freaked :o
Poor little one i'd bathe it, i bathe Duke's eye with a weak solution of warm (pre boiled first and cooled down) water and salt, wipe gently not towards the eye but away so you're not putting any gunk in the eye.
Good luck, piggie kisses to Dora :-*

totally agree keep it clean and dry if you can and monitor it from there, clean the crust off, some times mine get this crust but after cleaning it off its gone, think they just had a good nights sleep lol

Hi Thankyou both for your advise I'm bathing it for her and i think it looks slightly better already, thankyou. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back