• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Runny nose

The Law Pigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am getting really worried now! Joey my 9 month old guinea pig has a runny nose.
About 15 mins ago I was giving the guinea pigs their food we I noticed a tiny bit of snot on joeys nose he was sneezing and I really don’t know what to do! Will he pass it on, will he die? I just gave them their new food which is science selective. 😭

If it is just a one off thing, then he is likely just clearing his airways - hay dust can irritate them as they have narrow airways and sneezing is how they clear it.
However, only a vet can diagnose any potential illness so do have him checked over if you are concerned.

Hi everyone thank you for all your comments he is absolutely fine now poops are normal and he is eating LOADS we think that he just got bunged up and sneezed it all out after I saterted to panic!

Back