• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

sad-hutches on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hils78

I've been having a look on ebay & noticed how many 2nd hand hutches there are at the moment. The are far more than at any other time this year. My horrid mind is making me think about how many of these hutches didn't need to be empty? I know winter is a natural time for mother nature to do her job - but how many of these hutches have been made vacant through neglect?
Blimey I'm a real miserable old git today aren't I?!

....must think happy happy happy happy.......!

hils78 said:
I've been having a look on ebay & noticed how many 2nd hand hutches there are at the moment. The are far more than at any other time this year. My horrid mind is making me think about how many of these hutches didn't need to be empty? I know winter is a natural time for mother nature to do her job - but how many of these hutches have been made vacant through neglect?
Blimey I'm a real miserable old git today aren't I?!

....must think happy happy happy happy.......!
It's strange but I was thinking the same thing earlier,why are there so many hutches for sale?,where are all the occupants ?

The occupants are all dumped on rescues. I am way over my limit and have a waiting list growing by the day. Today alone I got asked to take 11 guinea pigs. I suspect most rescues will be exactly the same. At this time of year its usually because the owners dont want to go out in the cold to feed them so they get rid of them instead ::)

Not thought of that - but are ok going outside in the cold to take a pic of said hutch to make a quick buck. I don't understand why they don't give in the hutch with the pig if it is a decent one. Although I bet that sometimes it is best off the hutch staying away from the rescue so that mite & fungal infections are kept at bay.
Mine have a small dose of mites from the hay which I am treating which is a flippin nightmare, & i only have 5 pigs. Can't imagine what it would be like treating (how many do you have Cheryl?) loads.

hils78 said:
Not thought of that - but are ok going outside in the cold to take a pic of said hutch to make a quick buck. I don't understand why they don't give in the hutch with the pig if it is a decent one. Although I bet that sometimes it is best off the hutch staying away from the rescue so that mite & fungal infections are kept at bay.
Mine have a small dose of mites from the hay which I am treating which is a flippin nightmare, & i only have 5 pigs. Can't imagine what it would be like treating (how many do you have Cheryl?) loads.

I have 77 guinea pigs and 28 rabbits here at the moment. I do often get offered hutches but dont accept them. I have built in hutches in my sheds and dont want to have to dispose of some of the grotty things some people have brought me in the past. I once had someone bring me a 2ft hutch with 4 rabbits in it and it was falling apart >:(

mind you if they are being left outside I would think mother nature is doing her best to take a few of the cold, I always say my pigs almost always die this time of year and mine are inside with heating, but agree some lazy bas***ds dont like the cold and will not put themselves out to care for them, I'm out in all weathers hubby says I should have been a farmers wife, but I know i would have heated cow sheds and the sheep would be brought in by the fire and have chickens in the bedroom keeping warm lol

My son looks like a farmer when he goes up to the shed to the animals. Mind you, he does wear wellies and a flat cap! We call him Farmer Joe. The look really suits him. He is only 8 bless him (going on 98 mind). I know what you mean about the hutches on ebay. I keep having a look to find something suitable to do fostering in. It always worries me when the photo of the hutch shows an animal in it. Some of the listings say they are 'upgrading' and we have to remember that there are some like minded people out there who do love and look after their pets. Unfortunately, it seems to be the minority though. If you get a mo, can I have your thoughts on the three tier rabbit/ferret hutch in Wolverhampton. It looks a bit sad and I would perfer something a bit longer, but I wasn't sure whether a lick of animal friendly wood protector and a good clean would spruce it up. It would just fit depth wise in the shed with my other hutches and still give me room to feed and clean out etc and if it meant an animal in need would have a safe, clean, dry home, it might be worth a bid. What do others think? I really am unsure. :-\ :o :-\ :o :-\Its so difficult to tell from the photo. :-\ :-\ :-\

Hi, sorry, my link obviously didn't work - which means how I thought it was done wasn't .. if you see what I mean. Its listed under triple tier rabbit/ferret hutch great bargain. Its got 4 days to go and opening bid £4.99 (which should tell me something if I think logically about it).

can you just copy and paste the link in your next entry? without clicking any of the fancy buttons in this forum? :P pretty please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back