Safe Temperature For Piggies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irene

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi! Can anyone advise me a safe temperature range for guinea pigs? It's starting to get hot here and I'm trying to figure out how to keep them comfortable during the day when we are at work, without runningtge AC all day in the room their cage is in. Thanks!

AuntyC

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know. It can be tricky! I worked out that drawing my main patio door blinds across on sunny days and leaving the other window on the night security latch keeps my lounge at around 21 degrees most summer days.

irene

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know. It can be tricky! I worked out that drawing my main patio door blinds across on sunny days and leaving the other window on the night security latch keeps my lounge at around 21 degrees most summer days.
Unfortunately I may have to move them to the basement during the day but. Their cage is a canvas bottom so not easy to transport twice daily!I'm just worried that there may be some dampness down there and how that will affect them

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Could you look for a cheap secondhand cage on your local free-ads?

AuntyC

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ah yes, just spotted your location in the world! Here in Wales we get lots of damp and rainy weather and as I am on the coast it never gets too cold in winter. :).

irene

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Could you look for a cheap secondhand cage on your local free-ads?
Yes I am going to try to find a second cage, not too much uses around here but will try, it will be sed be smaller than their usual on thiugh and honestly not sure u should keep them upstairs during summer where they live in my sons room because he runs the AC all night and it gets cold so they experience these rapid temp changes hot during day cold during night and last year I believe that may have contributed to cinnamons repeated URIs. The basement might be best bet for summer a more constant temp down there

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I am going to try to find a second cage, not too much uses around here but will try, it will be sed be smaller than their usual on thiugh and honestly not sure you should keep them upstairs during summer where they live in my sons room because he runs the AC all night and it gets cold so they experience these rapid temp changes hot during day cold during night and last year I believe that may have contributed to cinnamons repeated URIs. The basement might be best bet for summer a more constant temp down there
You could always see whether you could connect two cages, either with a bit of drainpipe inserted into the tray or with a log tunnel.to bridge the two pushed together trays.

irene

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You could always see whether you could connect two cages, either with a bit of drainpipe inserted into the tray or with a log tunnel.to bridge the two pushed together trays.
Well I may just move them down to basement for the summer the temp is more constant there still trying to come up with the best solution for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.