• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Savagery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigwig

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Archie has always been a bit aggressive, but lately he has become much more, he will bite my dad quite hard when hes cuddling him, and he really attacks my sister. He will lure her in by being all sweet and friendly, then turn and bite her and headbutt her, and scratch if he can too. She doesn't live with us, so I wondered if he just objects to her smell or something, and he has always bitten daddy, just its abit more savage at the moment, but I know he acts more aggressive around men, he always sort of has to claim the area etc.
He is sweet as syrup to me to me though. Is he just acting up cause its spring? He is behaving normal apart from this, it just strikes me as very dominating behavior, he never seems in pain or anything.
The other thing is, my cockatiel is going insanely savage at the moment due to mating/nesting hormones, Archie is in the same room as him during the day and so he can see and hear Bikbok attacking, would this be riling him up/making a bad example for him? Maybe all the hormones in the air set him off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back