• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Savoy Cabbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can my little piggies have savoy cabbage ? I have been gradually introducing difference veg and was wondering whether they could have this.

yes but mine won't eat it. they like white / red cabbage but not savoy! You should only give maybe twice a week though as can cause piggies gas and discomfort if fed too often

Thanks guys, will give it a go tomorrow :) will probably have to shred as they are fussy little piggies :)p:)p

always new my piggies are different ALL 10 of them love savoy, wont touch red and will tollerate while but they LOVE savoy and the heart one

they did eat it my not straight away like the red peppers :)p

Gethin and Celyn like Savoy better than white cabbage, which they sort of just sniff at. They prefer curly kale, shredded greens or broccoli though and I tend to feed a dark green veg about every second day for vitamin C.

Savoy cabbage is one of the few vegetables that all my piggies like. They do like white cabbage as well. Oh no I'm getting hungry. I love all cabbages. I'm thinking of steamin some as a bed time snack! I will need to stop looking at the Food section after 9pm as it just makes me want to eat!

Mine will only eat savoy cabbage as a last resort! In fact all cabbage is off the menu as far as they are concerned! If they do eat it, it is under protest! :xgrrrr

They prefer curly kale (or 'ck guinea' as I have taken to calling it!), greens & saag. x)

Mine don't like it. The only cabbage they will eat is the heart one (can't quite remember the exact name)

Are you thinking of "sweetheart" cabbage? also known as "tenderheart" cabbage. I bought one in sainsbury's last week and they called them "pointy" cabbages!! :)) Needless to say my little chap devours it! (not keen on savoy though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back