• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Scabs On Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

i <3 piggies13

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have just noticed a small scab on the corner of my young piggies mouth
I cant tell If its a health issue or a fight wound as I am in the process of introducing him to an older male. Its not bleeding so I dot think its serious but I wanted to check here encase anyone had any suggestions in what the corse of action is

upload_2017-4-27_17-37-38.png

It looks like injury to me as opposed to sores from eating. Perhaps a misjudged swipe from the bonding as the scab looks redder. Definitely keep an eye on it, if it starts to get bigger it could be fungal or something

I have just noticed a small scab on the corner of my young piggies mouth
I cant tell If its a health issue or a fight wound as I am in the process of introducing him to an older male. Its not bleeding so I dot think its serious but I wanted to check here encase anyone had any suggestions in what the corse of action is

View attachment 62604

It is likely either a scratch or the very beginning of fungal. In the second case, the area around it will suffer hair loss. Please keep an eye on it and see a vet if that is the case.

It is likely either a scratch or the very beginning of fungal. In the second case, the area around it will suffer hair loss. Please keep an eye on it and see a vet if that is the case.

well the hair around it is still in tact but I will keep an eye on it thanks

It looks like injury to me as opposed to sores from eating. Perhaps a misjudged swipe from the bonding as the scab looks redder. Definitely keep an eye on it, if it starts to get bigger it could be fungal or something

I think it is probably a scratch from the bonding process as they did keep smelling each others mouths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back