• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Scaly Patch in Center of Rosette?

Big Sky Piggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi! After seeing a little patch on my piggie Willow yesterday I became a but worried. I check it again today and it's got a bit bigger. Can anyone tell me what it is and if I need to go to the vet? Thank you 20200701_192345.jpg20200701_192350.jpg

Hi!

Take a deep breath!

Just keep an eye on the patch right now. It may be just a little dead skin that is coming off but still caught between the hairs. It is not yet what we would consider a bald patch.

I can’t see a true bald spot there. I would recommend just watching it. Is it near a swirl or a crest!

Thanks guys! I'll keep weighing her regularly and keeping an eye on her behaviour. Yes it's in the centre of a whirl. I'll give her regular brushes so if it is a scab or something it will help it to fall off. She does scratch that area quite a bit so I'll just keep an eye. Thanks so much for the reassurance, I'm a big over thinker! 😂😊

Back