• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

SCARBY HAD CANCER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It wasn't an ovarian cyst. It was a giant liver tumour bigger than an egg.

The vet has removed it and a lobe of liver. He says in 30 years he has never done that before.

Scarby is now home, and has eaten some tea. He squeaks sadly too. I think it is very sore.

I have no idea how Scarby made it. Roger is a hero. I have been very emotional today. Roger rang me in the middle of surgery to tell me what it was and that he didn't think Scarby would ever survive.

Thanks so much everyone for your support - please send get well wishes to my little one x

OMG!!

(((((((LUCINDA)))))))))

At least he is eating and its out now. What have they said his chances are now? Will he need anymore treatment. Gosh you are having a bad year.

How old is he?

(((HUGS)))))

Michele

Give my love to Scarby. It sounds like you have a good vet which cannot be said for the ones around here. I will keep my fingers crossed that Scarby makes a full recovery.

I know its hard but keep positive and smiling.

Thanks you two.

I think Scarby must be out of danger now as he lost very little blood during theatre and woke up well this time - it was a different anaesthetic this time - Isoflurane which is used for people and has a good recovery rate.

I just hate thinking Scarby is in pain.

Got Roger a bottle of wine!

Wow! What a shock for you Lucinda!

Big hugs to you and Scarby. Do you have any pain relief for him?

I have nursed a pig after tumour removal before now so let me know if there is anything I can do.

love to you and Scarby hope he gets well quick, my vet gave me metcam for Bears pain relief but they can have calpol, 0.2, I believe, what a brave piggy I have never heard of a pig surviving a hugh tumor removal, brilliant news :D

So sorry to hear this Lucinda.

Hugs to you and Scarby

x x x x x x x x x x

oh blimey Lucinda that's a shock. Poor Scarby. Thank goodness you got him to a vet and it was dealt with quickly. I really hope he makes a full recovery.

(((((Big hugs)))))) to you both.

x

Thanks everyone! Scarby has had some cucumber, grass and cereal and is moving around a bit, but still quite sleepy. He did watch eastenders though ;D

Scarby had a good night, cuddled up in vet bed. I took his hutch into my room. This morning he has had breakfast (mostly grass) and has been singing and even manamged one Brrrrr. Seems very cheerful. Roger rang up to see how things were and said that Scarby is out of the critical post-op time now.

FANTASTIC NEWS! ;D ;D ;D ;D

So pleased. been thinking of you both.

You have a relaxing day today.

Michele

OMG! only just read your post lucinda what a shock give him(her) a cuddle from me x

Thanks everyone!

Am at work at the mo and Scarb is probably sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back