• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Scarby has another lump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It wasn't there this morning. When i got home tonight and picked him up I felt it. Probably the size of a big grape in the middle of his scar. it is nowhere near where the tumour was, is definitely local to the scarring. I rang up Roger's in a panic and spoke to the nurse who had assisted with the liver re-section. She says it is probably a post-op hernia. I am taking Scarby to see Roger at the early morning clinic tomorrow. I know it wasn't there this morning. My poor darling.

Good luck. Maybe its just scarring or a little cyst. I'm sure its fine but I know I woul dbe panicing too. Let us know what happens.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you, what will they do if it is a hernia?

Sarah, the nurse, said in Scarby's case they would probably not operate. It is possible to live with a hernia perfectly OK.

Aww, poor Scarby and you! Probably is a hernia or scar tissue as it was such a big op. Have to keep an eye on Icey too as she has a little lump.

Just need to make sure it's not another cyst.

hugs to you both xx

It could just be a build up of fluid around the scar - I have seen this a few times before.

I have also had a pig with a hernia - it never bothered him at all and he died with it, not from it, at the age of abut 6!

Thanks everyone! Will let you know! Unless it's anything critical we won't do anything (surgery) before the hol.

Poor Scarby and poor you. What a worry. I hope everything goes ok. Will keep fingers crossed for you xx

Phew!

Just a post-op hernia caused by internal stitches dissolving. Roger said he perhaps hasn't healed as neatly on the inside as on the outside. Anyway, it is definitely not anything sinister and we just keep an eye on it ;D

Oh thank goodness - what a relief. Give Scarby a big kiss from me ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back