• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Scared Piggie

Imking77

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have a total of 5 Pigs total. All sows. 3 have been together over a year. I have them in a 3x4 c&c cage ( expanding shortly) and then i have a mother and daughter in a 2x4 c&c cage. Fattie, Osci, and Pigachoo were fine... They would do normal I'm the boss type stuff and within a few mins nothing. Back to eating and being lazy(all together)......In the past week or so Osci squeals bloody murder if any of the other pigs even walks by her. She is submissive but never acted like that in the past. Checked her for wounds. Nothing set my spy cam up and no real altercations. Normal stuff. What might have happened or is happening. Enquiring minds need to know.

Acting really timid and scared everything all of a sudden. Squeals bloody murder. Need som suggestions!

Acting really timid and scared everything all of a sudden. Squeals bloody murder. Need som suggestions!

Hi! It sounds like something has happened that has badly frightened it. Is it an only piggy or does it have a companion?

Please check the carefully cage or hutch for insects, mice etc. and any tiny holes they could have come in. Are there any areas it is suddenly very afraid to use or go near?
Make sure that any outdoors hutch and run is totally safe from predators trying to get in, including dogs, cats, foxes, weasels and rats etc. Guinea pigs can die from shock.

Check your piggy all over to see whether it has sustained an injury, bite or wound. Also weigh it in case it is in pain or shock and not eating.

Once you have done that and have assured it is fine, please cover the cage or hutch with a blanket to give your piggy an added feeling of safety or bring it inside if it is a single piggy in a hutch to allow them to settle down in a calm and comfy place. Make sure that it has plenty of fresh hay and access to water.

Understanding Prey Animal Instincts, Guinea Pig Whispering And Cuddling Tips

@Imking77 There could have been a tussle at some point that hasn't injured her but frightened her a bit.

I'd keep an eye on her and keep a check on her weight to make sure she's still getting enough food.

Hi! It sounds like something has happened that has badly frightened it. Is it an only piggy or does it have a companion?

Please check the carefully cage or hutch for insects, mice etc. and any tiny holes they could have come in. Are there any areas it is suddenly very afraid to use or go near?
Make sure that any outdoors hutch and run is totally safe from predators trying to get in, including dogs, cats, foxes, weasels and rats etc. Guinea pigs can die from shock.

Check your piggy all over to see whether it has sustained an injury, bite or wound. Also weigh it in case it is in pain or shock and not eating.

Once you have done that and have assured it is fine, please cover the cage or hutch with a blanket to give your piggy an added feeling of safety or bring it inside if it is a single piggy in a hutch to allow them to settle down in a calm and comfy place. Make sure that it has plenty of fresh hay and access to water.

Understanding Prey Animal Instincts, Guinea Pig Whispering And Cuddling Tips

Osci has been caged with PiGaChoo and FaTtiE over a year. Normal tussles between the 3. Their cage is in my spare room and is a 4x3 c&c cage. Made a sleeping area in the corner and there are a few other places ro chill. I do need to check weigt though.

When i acquired the pigs they were in a rather larg store bought cage. Never had a problem. They Were in the big cage for about a month....again no problems. I'm worried for her because she is super timid but as sweet as can be.
Does he have a friend living with him? :)
Yes she does. Two other sows in a 4x3 c&c cage. 2 of everything pleanty of water and hay. I'm stumped
Does he have a friend living with him? :)
Yes she does .....2 actually. Been with the other 2 to stir . Talks to me everytime we cross paths.

Hi, I have merged your 2 threads together as it was a little confusing having 2 threads.

Osci has been caged with PiGaChoo and FaTtiE over a year. Normal tussles between the 3. Their cage is in my spare room and is a 4x3 c&c cage. Made a sleeping area in the corner and there are a few other places ro chill. I do need to check weigt though.

When i acquired the pigs they were in a rather larg store bought cage. Never had a problem. They Were in the big cage for about a month....again no problems. I'm worried for her because she is super timid but as sweet as can be.

Yes she does. Two other sows in a 4x3 c&c cage. 2 of everything pleanty of water and hay. I'm stumped

Yes she does .....2 actually. Been with the other 2 to stir . Talks to me everytime we cross paths.

20180609_151106.jpg
This is their temporary setup. I had to reconfigure it because my mother/daughter was fighting the other 3. Anyways , I'm expanding it today. Room definitely is not an issue. I'm adding a 3rd water bottle and food dish. In the corner is where built them a tent and there is also two other hidimg spots they like. This problem seem to come put of nowhere. I have another cage 17" X 32" that is the holding cell while cleaning. IDK.

Back