• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Scents

I don't think any kind of scents are recommended in the same room as piggies as they have SUPER sensitive noses...

Is there a reason why you want to use them?

I want the room smelling nice but don't wanna harm them. We have scented de humidifiers in there at the moment, but there's no scent coming from them. Are they okay to use in the room where the hamster is as it really smells in there. I cant get rid of the smell from my hamster... x

I don’t know about hamsters, but you shouldn’t really be getting any smells from the guinea pigs. If they are smelling, then you need to look at the type of bedding you’re using and how often you’re changing it

I want the room smelling nice but don't wanna harm them. We have scented de humidifiers in there at the moment, but there's no scent coming from them. Are they okay to use in the room where the hamster is as it really smells in there. I cant get rid of the smell from my hamster... x
Your hamster should not smell.
My hamster is less than 2 meters from our dining room table and even if I am right by her cage I can't smell anything (nor can my DH who is super sensitive to animal smells).

What size cage is your hamster in?
And what bedding and substrate do you use?
Is your hamster male ot female, dwarf or Syrian.

The humidifiers and air fresheners simply mask the problem - if it smells you need to deal with the problem to really resolve the issue.

I don’t know about hamsters, but you shouldn’t really be getting any smells from the guinea pigs. If they are smelling, then you need to look at the type of bedding you’re using and how often you’re changing it
My guinea pigs don't smell. Its my hamster, I change it on a weekly basis but spot clean it every 2 days x

Your hamster should not smell.
My hamster is less than 2 meters from our dining room table and even if I am right by her cage I can't smell anything (nor can my DH who is super sensitive to animal smells).

What size cage is your hamster in?
And what bedding and substrate do you use?
Is your hamster male ot female, dwarf or Syrian.

The humidifiers and air fresheners simply mask the problem - if it smells you need to deal with the problem to really resolve the issue.
I have a female russian dwarf. I know the cage is too small for her so I'm getting a bigger one for her when i get money. I use shredded paper for her bedding and sawdust x

I've had 3 dwarf russian hamsters in the past and none of them smelled. Does your hammie have a hamster toilet? I used one with all my hammies (I've had Syrians too) and then I just had to clean the toilet out every day or so. I used paper cat litter in it. Apart from my anti social rescue Roborovski hamster I managed to potty train them all by putting some soiled wee bedding in the hamster toilet.

I've had 3 dwarf russian hamsters in the past and none of them smelled. Does your hammie have a hamster toilet? I used one with all my hammies (I've had Syrians too) and then I just had to clean the toilet out every day or so. I used paper cat litter in it. Apart from my anti social rescue Roborovski hamster I managed to potty train them all by putting some soiled wee bedding in the hamster toilet.
I do now. My neighbour had one so he gave me loads of stuff for hamsters as his sadly passed away xx

Back