• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 School bubble has closed

DonDon121405

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So today we have been advised that our eldest who is in year 3 needs to stay home for the next 2 weeks as someone in his “bubble” has a positive Covid test.
My twin girls who are in year 2 can still go to school so I only have1 to home school but I was just beginning to feel like things were a bit more normal.
Anyone else in a similar situation? :-)

So today we have been advised that our eldest who is in year 3 needs to stay home for the next 2 weeks as someone in his “bubble” has a positive Covid test.
My twin girls who are in year 2 can still go to school so I only have1 to home school but I was just beginning to feel like things were a bit more normal.
Anyone else in a similar situation? :-)
Oh dear... its mad isnt it, I was just saying on the other thread that my baby grandson's childminder has closed for 2 weeks- it was one of the older kids in a different bubble who got sick but because its a small place with shared kitchen/bathroom/outside play area, its all been closed and quarantined! And last week he was home for 3 days too until he got covid tested and a negative test result because he was teething and had a bit of a temperature... so that'll be only 5 days out of 4 weeks he could actually be there and his mum could go to work!
Hope you are all ok and not infected x

We're doing okay here in Worcestershire but we have a lot of summer colds, have a youngster off with one, and more and more kids staying off school, it's going round like wildfire - makes you wonder the fact that the cold is spreading so quickly, what chance if it was the Virus? :flag:

I took my middle child to the doctor on Tuesday since she had a low fever and said her ears were hurting her. Nothing wrong with her ears, but she has a really red throat. Her doctor did a strep test but we won't get the results back till later today or tomorrow. If she doesn't have strep than we have to go get her tested for the virus again. 😩

Never in my life would I have thought to be hoping my kid has strep throat.

Honestly you couldn't make it up.

My youngest (14) had a COVID test yesterday which thankfully came back negative (at 5.30am today!) Her dramatic change in taste seems to be due to some meds she started at the weekend (won't go into that here.)

So at very short notice both girls went into school today, having expected to be off a bit longer.

Then at 5pm an email from the older girl's school - a confirmed case in her year "bubble", year 13, means she's now quarantined for 14 days after all.

Lots of colds/runny noses are flying around work (had a bit of one myself over beginning of week). I think its 8 local schools that have bubbles off due to positive cases, I have teacher friends so we worry about each other!

Lots of colds/runny noses are flying around work (had a bit of one myself over beginning of week). I think its 8 local schools that have bubbles off due to positive cases, I have teacher friends so we worry about each other!
Stay safe 💖

Reactions: Sar
Yeah, didn't think it would last long. Especially secondary schools have HUGE numbers in their 'bubble', so no way to keep them safe from catching it!
My daughter was off school as had sore throat and runny nose, no temp or changes in taste etc. But she said lots of kids been coughing and snotty around her! So if that was covid there's no way to stop it! We're in low risk area, but school has pupils travelling from higher risk area, so unless they're in a class or on break everyone is wearing a mask now.
Got email this morning, someone at school tested positive. Waiting to hear if school did ask them to isolate and what they've done with teachers who go between groups! I've read some other school had teacher who was positive and only kids in the front of the class were asked to isolate! You can't make it up...

Just to let people know it is not the schools decision on whether to close or not. lf the school has a confirmed case then the Head will contact PHE with all the details and then PHE will make the decision to shut down a bubble or school. The head has no remit for this and will act according to what PHE says they must do.

Yeah, didn't think it would last long. Especially secondary schools have HUGE numbers in their 'bubble', so no way to keep them safe from catching it!
My daughter was off school as had sore throat and runny nose, no temp or changes in taste etc. But she said lots of kids been coughing and snotty around her! So if that was covid there's no way to stop it! We're in low risk area, but school has pupils travelling from higher risk area, so unless they're in a class or on break everyone is wearing a mask now.
Got email this morning, someone at school tested positive. Waiting to hear if school did ask them to isolate and what they've done with teachers who go between groups! I've read some other school had teacher who was positive and only kids in the front of the class were asked to isolate! You can't make it up...
This thing of teachers who go between groups.

My friend who is a TA called it "cross-bubbling" the other day and I had to object.

Surely the point of a "bubble" is that they're separate?! If you "cross-bubble" it negates the entire point of a bubble?!

Just me?....

No not just you, I am a TA and work in a very small school, I also run the breakfast club, I am allowed to have A mix of children at the club but have to have them on separate tables, in siblings or class groups and they don't interact but I am only assigned to one class. I can't cover any other classes if someone is off. My children are in secondary and their bubbles in the year groups are probably double the whole of my school! I am baffled by some of the logic and don't even get me started on some of our parents!

The strep test was negative for my daughter so we had to go get a covid test. Hoping to get a negative result Sunday so she can go back on Monday.

In our school (my kids are in elementary school), there are assigned seats everywhere! You have an assigned seat for the bus and have to sit alone unless you have a sibling riding the bus. They sit 6 feet apart in their classrooms and every other seat for lunch. They only can play with their class during recess and masks only get removed for eating. The school shorted the day to be from 8am to 1:30pm so the kids can get home and out of their masks earlier. This really has been rough but my kids have been so happy being back in school.

This thing of teachers who go between groups.

My friend who is a TA called it "cross-bubbling" the other day and I had to object.

Surely the point of a "bubble" is that they're separate?! If you "cross-bubble" it negates the entire point of a bubble?!

Just me?....
Unfortunately I think in some schools there is no choice with regards ‘cross bubbling’. Where I am we have to stay in our bubbles in the staff room now as well. I’m psyching myself up for another lockdown. Maybe I’m being pessimistic 🤷🏾‍♀️

Unfortunately I think in some schools there is no choice with regards ‘cross bubbling’. Where I am we have to stay in our bubbles in the staff room now as well. I’m psyching myself up for another lockdown. Maybe I’m being pessimistic 🤷🏾‍♀️
I am too, definitely think it’s coming 😞😷🦠

In secondary schools I should think it would be impossible for teachers and TAs not to move between bubbles as they don't just teach or work with one year group. In my sons school they are reducing the number of different students that the teachers meet in any day or week by having a lot of double lessons - my son even has some days where he has 3 lessons in one subject :yikes: To further avoid bubbles meeting, they have 3 year groups coming to school and finishing 15 minutes later than the other 4, and each year group has a designated lunch servery and area of the playground where they must go at break and lunchtime. And 6th formers are encouraged to work at home if they have free periods at the start or end of the day.

In secondary schools I should think it would be impossible for teachers and TAs not to move between bubbles as they don't just teach or work with one year group. In my sons school they are reducing the number of different students that the teachers meet in any day or week by having a lot of double lessons - my son even has some days where he has 3 lessons in one subject :yikes: To further avoid bubbles meeting, they have 3 year groups coming to school and finishing 15 minutes later than the other 4, and each year group has a designated lunch servery and area of the playground where they must go at break and lunchtime. And 6th formers are encouraged to work at home if they have free periods at the start or end of the day.
Wha?:blink: Could you please explain in words of only one sylllable?:blink::blink: I am a bear of little brain!

1600555611842.png

Back