• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Science Natural's Grain Free

Flamestriker

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this food? I have just bought a bag from P@H and although it looks good, now that I am home some ingredients don't sound that great. Genetically modified soya? Traces of nuts? Flaked bean hulls?pea flour?

I bought it to mix in with the 10kg bag of Burgess my herd is on, and I have a bag of the grainless coming from JR farm (Zooplus). I really want to change the herd to grainless eventually, and these two brands will be mixed, although Rosewood grainless might be another option.

There was a tiny agouti sow in the store who literally fitted in my hand...but I haven't bought her

I believe Flutterby is looking into it when she gets a chance! :)

I looked at it myself but I'm sticking to JR Grainless, Versele-Laga and Rosewood for now. Want to add one more type but it has to be perfect! :D

Hi my piggies were on Selective Science... I was told by my exotic vets that Burgess is full of crap.
I've since took my two off all nuggets now, Kiwi was having problems with calcium build up and the vet pin pointed it on her diet. You might want to reduce the amount of nuggets you give them... I was told the piggies don't get these diets in the wild and should stick to a diet that is natural to them.

However, I am going to reintroduce nuggets at probably a handful a day as Kiwi has lost quite a lot of weight since the change.

The Science Selective isn't looking so good ingredients wise as some of the other grainless, it's got calcium carbonate which I believe is the wrong sort of calcium? There's also quite a high sugar content. I'm feeding JR Farm, took them a bit of getting used to as the nuggets are big (like Rosewood). I was feeding Rosewood for a while but I can't buy it locally at the moment, my branch of The Range stopped stocking it. I am interested to see other's opinions as to ingredients.

I will add it to the nugget chart, hopefully when I update it this weekend. I've already taken a picture of both sides in pets at home when I spotted it. It will be nice to see how it compares to other nuggets.

Back