• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Scrapper - Forum Sponsor Piggy - Barc

WP_20170630_18_13_18_Pro[1].jpg

Hello, here I am eating my tea with Lili. Eating is my favourite activity, second only to sleeping. Today we had to run around while our cage was being cleaned out, shocking! We soon messed it up with a few poos when we got back in, heh heh heh.
We are waiting to see if two new girl pigs are going to have babies in September, we hope not as they will get all the attention and all the best pickings of grass. I do love my food! Love Scrapper x

Scrapper - you are virtually in that bowl scoffing your veg. I'm glad you got a good meal after your cage was tidied up while you weren't looking. I'm also pleased to hear you've trashed it again already. Those slaves have no idea how much you piggies enjoy hay and poo on the floor. Shocking lack of respect for your comfort.

20171001_164909.jpg

Hello, it is me looking especially adorable and winsome. It's all a bit different here as the slave is not taking in any new piggies at the moment unless they have lived here before. One such intruder is Amber 20171001_164335.jpg
She was adopted from BARC about 2 years ago but unfortunately her friend died and her owner didn't want her to be alone. She has been diagnosed with chronic bladder problems so will probably be another long stay resident.
We have had so many poorly piggies this year so we are full up and unable to take any more at the moment.
I am happy about this as it means that l get lots of attention. As they say, every cloud has a silver lining, hopefully with lots of treats as well. Bye for now! Scrapper and the gang xx

Scrapper is looking as handsome as always. But he has stiff competiton from the beautiful Amber. Amos sends his love to all his cousins (300 times removed) and hopes the poorly piggies get better soon.

Aww Scrapper, there you are you lovely boy (and Amber is a lovely girl too). I hope that you aren't teaching those Barc piggies any naughty tricks!

Please give Eileen a special kiss from me and Ellen and Edward are saying a BIG hello and sending a BIG kiss to you all x

Aww Scrapper, there you are you lovely boy (and Amber is a lovely girl too). I hope that you aren't teaching those Barc piggies any naughty tricks!

Please give Eileen a special kiss from me and Ellen and Edward are saying a BIG hello and sending a BIG kiss to you all x
Me? Naughty? No! Aunty Claire, it is Edward who is naughty, not me no way (heh heh heh...) x

View attachment 53540

[you]Back Story[/you]
BARC took in a large rescue of 5 pregnant sows, plus 4 boars in March 2015 and 15 babies were born in rescue. Scrapper was born to Milly on 19/3/2015, she had 6 babies. One died at 3 days, Scrapper weighed 70g at birth but by day 3 only weighed 59g. His lovely fosterer took advice from the forum and started him on milk feeds as it seemed Milly had rejected him
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/smallest-baby-is-struggling.125405/
Scrapper started gaining weight after about 6 days and his mum accepted him and started to feed him, after that he didn't look back.

View attachment 53542

He was separated from his mum and sisters when he was about 4 weeks old and had reached around 200g. He was paired up with another baby boar called Frankie.

View attachment 53541

Scrapper gradually gained weight and was doing well until August 2015 when I noticed him squeaking when passing urine, he also had blood in his urine and lost a bit of weight. He was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection and treated with a 10 day course of Septrin and Metacam. He improved quickly, but after a few weeks his symptoms recurred. This time he had a 3 week course of Septrin and has had no further problems.

Scrapper was neutered on 1/2/16 , unfortunately he had a post operative abscess, this was treated by needle aspiration and metronidazole, and it cleared up quickly.

On 8/3/16 he was bonded to Mavis and Lili who he loves.
Remember Scrapper?

Scrapper has the reputation of teaching the foster pigs naughty ways
The Tribe Names In My Signature And The Faces Behind Them
Classic Boar Glue Nose!
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk...ar-south-yorkshire.140098/page-2#post-1907430

View attachment 53544

Thank you for reading my story - Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity
He’s a lovely wee chap!

Back