Scratch And Newton Ice Pods- Found Some!

Merrypigs Sanctuary

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've been really struggling to find these at a reasonable price - the Scratch and Newton page sell them for £5.99 but they are sold out! They're over £10 everywhere else! I kept searching and found some for £5.99 on The Hay Experts website! So if you are looking for some, try there:
Ice Pod | General Care & Wellbeing | The Hay Experts

Qualcast&Flymo

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Are they better than the sort of freezer packs you buy for use in picnic boxes etc? I have been using those wrapped in a tea towel in the recent heat. When I put them like a mat to sit on, the piggies ignored them, yesterday when I put them next to one of the pigs inside his carrot cottage and beside his snuggle sack they stayed put but I couldn't tell if he was getting any benefit of the cooling effect. I wonder if pigs prefer these for some reason?
How big are they?

Wolfberry

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I've been really struggling to find these at a reasonable price - the Scratch and Newton page sell them for £5.99 but they are sold out! They're over £10 everywhere else! I kept searching and found some for £5.99 on The Hay Experts website! So if you are looking for some, try there:
Ice Pod | General Care & Wellbeing | The Hay Experts
I am not owned by Guinea pigs, I have joined to say thank you to Merrypigs Sanctuary.
Your post popped up when I was searching for the ice pods at a reasonable price.
I have a purpose built ferret shed, the ferrets only recently moved out and we are struggling with the heat.
At the moment I can pop back in my lunch break to check on them and spritz them with cold water but that won't be a option when I start my new job.

I needed to buy 5 ice pods, so I just wanted to say a big heartfelt thank you, from the ferrets and I.
A couple of photos. This is Delilah who is 6 years old.
Delilah.jpg

This is Imogen who is five months.
Helena .jpg