• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Screeching pig

Rivervixen

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I’ve mentioned before how ozzy screams at my fiancé and only when they’re in a room together without me, this morning ozzy was screaming like a bird going absolutely nuts until I came back. Anybody have any idea why he only does this to my fiancé? Have asked my fiancé if he’s doing anything wrong or to him and he says no, the screams I heard were so loud, very confused and upset :(

I had Foster animals who were worried around my partner as they were previously abused by a man. But never a piggie.
If I am unsure what's happening I set up a camera. Your laptop or phone will do, and record what the piggies does when your other half is around. If my piggie had such adverse reaction to my partner's handling I would just ask him not to handle him. If it's case of just his presence upsetting him then it's a whole new issue. But start with finding what's upsetting him first.

I had Foster animals who were worried around my partner as they were previously abused by a man. But never a piggie.
If I am unsure what's happening I set up a camera. Your laptop or phone will do, and record what the piggies does when your other half is around. If my piggie had such adverse reaction to my partner's handling I would just ask him not to handle him. If it's case of just his presence upsetting him then it's a whole new issue. But start with finding what's upsetting him first.

todays incident was my fiancé just putting a hidey back in the cage, I’ve started handling him and having my fiancé handle the other as the other loves him. The other times my fiancé said he’s just sitting there and he starts screaming randomly. I think a camera may be the way to go here. I do believe my fiancé but the level of screaming I heard this morning was alarming. They were pet shop piggies so maybe something happened there but I’m unsure

I think a camera set up is a good idea.
Hopefully this will help you get more of an idea about what actually triggers the screaming.

It may not be your fiance directly, but something about the way he moves or his smell or....

I really don't know but it would be interesting to see exactly what happens when he is in the room with Ozzy.

Yeah could definitely be a good idea to see if there are any triggers etc. Sure your fiancé hasn’t done anything, these beasties have their funny ways!

My mum’s dog Narla has issues with my best mate, smells of dogs from having her own and caring for her mums two as well, she’s over 6 now.
But for some reason she’s just taken a disliking to her, even as a rehomed puppy at 4 months, won’t let her near! Doesn’t like my 80yr old grandma much either, hides and barks when she’s around! Nothing either have done I don’t think, just obviously bring back memories or something smells a bit funny that she really doesn’t care for!

You can't be everywhere and only way to know is to have footage. I found a lot that way, including help with diagnosis of health and behaviour issues. It could be he's doing it even if your partner isn't there and it's caused by something else (environment or illness).
Just ensure your partner knows you're filming to see if there's something wrong with the piggie, not because you don't trust him. It's horrible for them to be the bad ones, I had a Foster dog who would guard me if my partner walked in. He allowed him to walk him and play etc, but if he arrived home the poor soul would guard me. We found out there was domestic abuse going on in previous home and found him home accordingly, but it was a strain on our relationship x

Back