• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

sebaecous cyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruledbyguineapigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Gus had a sebaecous cyst it was big and angry looking. His skin is black but you can see here its bright red cos of the cyst. I got all the stuff out myself but within 2days it filled back up. cuddle tunnels 005.jpg
He had his opperation to remove it. I went down to pick him up and just as I come through the door. They said ohhhh we were just about to ring you. Gus took all his stitches out and they needed to ga him again and redo them. Gus`s stitches 002.jpg
Internal and external stitches and glue was used second time around. He still took out two when we got home but its holding.

I m glad that you have got him back, even though he seems to be a naughty boy! I hope that he will keep off ngnawing on his stitches again!

Vibes to Gus!

If you have any problems with Gus not wanting to be a good patient....then please PM me. Some piggies just "don;t do" stitches........Ginger ripped out all his stitches....twice! My vet had to resort to some pretty novel tactics....but he (ie Ginger) is absolutely fine now....my vet on the other hand took 6 weeks to recover before he would even consider surgery for a "lump" on another of my piggies :(|):(|)

x

:)) @ Pebble's vet

Get well wishes to Gus x>>

LOL - bless my vet...I was actually quite concerned about the knock to his confidence.Thankfully he is fine now....I think ;)..... (good job too as we have two more lumps to go in this week for assesment ;);))

:)):))

x

Poor little guy- I hope he leaves the stitches alone! One of my pigs had a similar sized incision from an abscess removal and she healed up just fine with just a little scar left behind, so hopefully it will be the same with Gus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back