• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Second Hand Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

NPadgham

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I collected my 'bargain' £10 second hand hutch today.

It was a bit dirtier than I was expecting. I've given it an initial clean with warm water and animal safe disinfectant. It will get a second clean later.

What should I be looking out for that would make it unsuitable? It was previously used by a rabbit who was rehomed (good job it seems!) and did not have any diseases. There is some hay squished into small gaps that is difficult to remove, is this kind of thing an issue?

On a happier note I'm meeting two baby boys and two slightly older boys tomorrow to see who will be coming home with me in a few weeks!

As long as the wood is dry and clean and the hutch is big enough (at least 4 ft X 2 ft) there should not be a problem. If you have a steam cleaner or can borrow one, give it a going over with that to kill any bugs and remove smells. Wouldn't you rather keep them indoors, in a C and C cage, where you can interact with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back