setting up a c&c cage

shaysbeautifulboys

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, i’m finally moving my piggies into a big c&c cage i’m hoping to do a 5x3 although i do have a few questions, shall i put grids on the bottom of the cage underneath the coroplast or is that just unnecessary? also how big does my correx sheets need to be for a 5x3 cage? and where can i find the cheapest coroplast/ correx sheets as in where did you guys get yours from and how much did it cost? thank you! :)

Fantasimo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I don’t have grids under the bottom of mine (mine came from a place who did all the hard work for me) and the bottom is perfectly stable without as the correx is thick enough and stable enough to act as a firm base.

My two boys are in a 5x2 (with a 2x2 kitchen loft) and they love it, so I’m sure yours are going to be absolutely thrilled with their 5x3 😍

rp1993

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Are you in the U.K.? I get my correx from the aluminium shop https://www.the-aluminium-shop.co.uk/Buy-Correx-Online but I don’t think it would be wide enough for a 3X5 so you will probably need two sheets! A 2x5 is roughly 175cm x 105cm so you will you to add atleast 15cm to each side (I go 20cm at the back) so you would need a minimum of 205cmx135cm of correx. We pay around £18 for ours - the delivery is the pricy bit as it’s so big the sheet it’s self is around £10.

shaysbeautifulboys

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I don’t have grids under the bottom of mine (mine came from a place who did all the hard work for me) and the bottom is perfectly stable without as the correx is thick enough and stable enough to act as a firm base.

My two boys are in a 5x2 (with a 2x2 kitchen loft) and they love it, so I’m sure yours are going to be absolutely thrilled with their 5x3 😍
ahhh thank you! :)

shaysbeautifulboys

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Are you in the U.K.? I get my correx from the aluminium shop https://www.the-aluminium-shop.co.uk/Buy-Correx-Online but I don’t think it would be wide enough for a 3X5 so you will probably need two sheets! A 2x5 is roughly 175cm x 105cm so you will you to add atleast 15cm to each side (I go 20cm at the back) so you would need a minimum of 205cmx135cm of correx. We pay around £18 for ours - the delivery is the pricy bit as it’s so big the sheet it’s self is around £10.
righttt okay thank you for that, i think when the grids come i’ll set it up how i want it and then measure and add the extra 15cm to each side and hopefully that gives me an idea on how many sheets i need or how big they should be! :)

rp1993

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
righttt okay thank you for that, i think when the grids come i’ll set it up how i want it and then measure and add the extra 15cm to each side and hopefully that gives me an idea on how many sheets i need or how big they should be! :)
That’s probably the best idea!