• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Sharing/stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

animal-lover85

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So a week ago I bonded my boys and they got along great the only problem is darren eats his food then goes over to Dylan's and eats his as Dylan's likes to take his time, I don't know how to stop darren eating all the food I don't what him
To get fat or dylan to be too thin any ideas I can sort this issue?

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This happens all the time between piggies. Could you try to separate them during veg time? One on your lap, one in the cage.

Kazz1n

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi I am having a similar problem with my girls but they arn't settled enough yet to eat in my lap. Do you have any suggestions of what else I could try so that I know both of them are eating well?

Wheeky

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a pig that eats a lot faster than the other, so I give them each one piece of veg at a time and wait for them both to finish before giving the next piece. That way they get a more equal amount instead of one pig getting more food because they are faster.

Kazz1n

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a pig that eats a lot faster than the other, so I give them each one piece of veg at a time and wait for them both to finish before giving the next piece. That way they get a more equal amount instead of one pig getting more food because they are faster.
I will try that thanks. The only problem may be that Marcy won't even eat in front of me or anyone lol but shall do my best to ensure they both get a little. Possibly when take Bubblegum out if she isn't too stressed as can't find her lol

Status
Not open for further replies.