• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

She keeps biting me

Chaz

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Many of you know that I've owned piggies most of my life. I know how to treat them and how to care for them
My 6 month old piggy, Domino, is not normal. I swear. When I pick her up and cuddle her she will find every which way to bite me. I'm talking proper bites. My fingers are used to little nibbles, but these are full on bleeding bites.
I've never known anyone like her. She has two hutchmates in the form of her sisters and all the food she could possibly need. I get that she might grow out of it, and I'm trying to treat her as normally as the others, but it's difficult when I'm anticipating where the next bite might be.

I mean, I can cope with the biting. Like, she's okay on my lap and if I let her really high up on my shoulders, but it's everywhere else. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding her and not listening to her.
I'd never give her away. This is her home and where her sisters live. That wouldn't be fair on her.

Bramble bit me a couple of times. The second time I gently lifted up her chin to show her it was unacceptable behaviour and she hasn't done it since.

When Mischievous Master Boris was younger he was a bit of a nippy boy, he wasn't too rough but it did make us a bit nervous and twitchy. We use the forum techniques of gentle dominance and for the most part he seems to have grown out of it. Having said that he was being a complete brat yesterday and nipped The Daddy Slave a few times last night.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. I'm sure she will grow out of it. Maybe I'm misunderstanding her.

Back