• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

She Potty Trained Herself!

Lilythepig2017

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So we block off half our house and guinea pig proof it. It has hardwood floors. We put out some fleeces that are a good size in two areas. Over the last week we noticed she only uses these fleeces to do the toilet on! Potty training complete:D! She can be out for hours and she doesn't go on the hardwood. It's so funny- hard surfaces she won't do the toilet on, but anything soft (like my clothes! haha) she will!

Anyone else's pig potty train themselves this way?

That is awesome! :)) I love that fact she'll pee on your clothes as well- piggies like comfortable toilets :))

Our 'special' piggy Megan used to use my wife's sleepers to poo on during floor time, she is over the Rainbow Bridge now no doubt pooing on something soft......

P1020057.jpg

P1020051.jpg

That is awesome! :)) I love that fact she'll pee on your clothes as well- piggies like comfortable toilets :))

Our 'special' piggy Megan used to use my wife's sleepers to poo on during floor time, she is over the Rainbow Bridge now no doubt pooing on something soft......

P1020057.jpg

P1020051.jpg

“she is over the Rainbow Bridge now no doubt pooing on something soft.....”
This had me laughing so hard!

Yep we put towels and fleeces on the hardwood floor but mine like a warm butt when they poop and head to the fire place to poop and pee on the long pile rug (well all but zigg who only goes to the toilet in the cage).

Mine are good with weeing in the toilet but they poop anywhere. I sweep then up and put them in their tray so hopefully it won't be long. When I get my c and c grids I'll buy another test so they can have another one.

Mine all wee in their hay trays and poo all over the place ...

Back