• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Sheds

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kellie

How many of you have sheds adapted for piggies? I have seen some wonderful sheds that people have made, heated, insulated, plenty of space etc, and Dave wants to make me one. What size do you have, do you have special made pens or hutches?

When i getting a bigger garden i will have a shed especially for my piggies. at the moment they are in the double garage.

Thats cool, I have quite a big garden, was thinking of an 8x6 shed. what kind of set up do you have in the garage?
My indoor piggies will still be indoors though, just be getting some more :)

well i have a double storey hutch and a separate apex run in there. the run is on lino with newspaper and vetbed on top. I'm getting a run (3ft x4ft) that will attach to the hutch. I have electric heaters in there if it is too cold. It never goes below 0 int he garage so the piggies are happy. When i put them to bed I always put a sleeping bag over the front and top of hutch for them. this keeps them warm. its also very cool in hot summers too.

Thats pretty good, it gives me a good idea of the things I can do!

i will post pictures as soon as its all up and ready with the attached run

I dont have Zubin in the shed but my three rabbits are, We have a 3 teir Bright pink hutch then the bottom panel is removed so they have 24 hour accsess to the shed which has an old work bench (nothing sharp or dangerous of any kind is in there its the rabbits shed we dont use it!) and a old shelving unit that they love to play on theres tunnels and hidey holes, The only down side is it stinks! anyone with female rabbits will understand that there pee reacks! and stains this means it takes me, my sister aby and My mum about 2 hours to clean the shed but we do it once a month to make life easier and use cat litter in pee corners, we clean the hutch out every week xx

kelliehave you seen me photos of the extension its under "my piggys extension"

;D I'd be really interested to see pics of other people's sheds!
We are thinking of getting one.
I've been looking in the classifieds for a 2nd hand one, but found a 7x5 at b&q for £110, which seems reasonable.

I had a look round B+Q and was going to get the 8x6 for £199, just need someone to put it up!

Kellie, that sounds like a great size to me.....but what would I know! lol!

I am gonna get DH to make ramps from the shed to the run so they have permanent access to outside. We canhave catflaps on the holes in the shed to cut down on draft! It's all planned out in my head ;D :o ::)

Piggiewiggy, that's a good price innit! Although collection wouldnt suit me, cos I'm in Manchester, lol!
I thought about the 6x4 but decided that I wouldn't have much space once the hutches were in, and might regret that later. But like I say, I know nothing about adapting sheds....yet ;D

Yeah I was after a bigger one too, I have a big garden so what the heck! has anyone ever used CC cages in their shed? if there was planty of warmth etc?

[color]I hav a sh for my cavis too! ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any pics cashmincal?

Well, we ordered a shed today. It's 7x5. I really wanted a 8x6 one, but this is a discontinued end of line one at B&Q with a full price of £219 which we have got for £100. The floor has a little damage, but nothing DH can't sort out.

Sounds amazing! Let us know when it comes and take pictures for us, hehe! ;D

I currently have my pigs in two sheds, a 6x4 and an old 8x6. I have plans for a 8x14 shed to be installed once the weather is better. I shall then move all the pigs into the new shed and I can then use the 6x4 as a storage shed for hay, shavings, feed and such. I am really looking forward to finally having all my piggers in the one place. ;D

I have 2 hugh double front door shed for my pigs Mick put them together for me last spring I have one for the girls with one hugh c and c run inside and space for more runs and int he boys they ahve big c and c runs on the floor and on hugh wide shelving MIck built he put water proof lino down and there is heating and light and the most important fly zappers their food is in hugh bins with lids and inbetween the 2 shed is a hugh run with a hinged lid, he laid slabs in that so it is easy to hose down, the sheds have windows that open very important when buying one as in summer it gets very hot, I ahve netting over them so I can safely leave them open when out, I have padlocks on them as well,
we also built another shed for my bales of hay, luckly I have an understanding hubbya nd big garden lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back