• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Shelf Life Of Critical Care

Qualcast&Flymo

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know what the shelf life is of a packet of Critical Care once it is opened?
I know that the packets have a 'best before' date on them, as well as saying in the instructions that made up mix should be used within 24 hours, but I'm not sure if opening the packet either shortens the 'best before' period or makes it unsafe to use after a day as adding water does.

My Zebedee has a URI I think (off to the vet later), and has lost some weight, I do have an unopened packet of CC to use if necessary but don't like to waste stuff if I can help it. (skinflint!)

Thanks!

Hi, does anyone know what the shelf life is of a packet of Critical Care once it is opened?
I know that the packets have a 'best before' date on them, as well as saying in the instructions that made up mix should be used within 24 hours, but I'm not sure if opening the packet either shortens the 'best before' period or makes it unsafe to use after a day as adding water does.

My Zebedee has a URI I think (off to the vet later), and has lost some weight, I do have an unopened packet of CC to use if necessary but don't like to waste stuff if I can help it. (skinflint!)

Thanks!

About 6 months.

Back