• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Shelf life of sulfatrim

She just feels so boney it’s scary how fast she’s losing :( but your story of Buttercup is encouraging. Did Buttercups appetite decrease? Ellen’s has :(
Yes, her appetite decreased. It took about 3 days of antibiotic and Metacam before she started to show a huge improvement x

What's actually been diagnosed? I have missed something somewhere. Is it a uti, nothing else

Thank you. Ellen is on day 3 but day one of the fresh antibiotic that the vet gave me yesterday x
I would count today as day one. Last year, when Nigel was poorly, I used a bottle of Sulfatrim that had been opened, a few weeks previously for another piggy. He didn't make any progress whatsoever. Took him to see Simon and he said about prescribing Sulfatrim and I said I already have him on it, but it's not working. That's when he told me it deteriorates rapidly once opened. He prescribed a fresh bottle and Nigel improved very quickly.

I would count today as day one. Last year, when Nigel was poorly, I used a bottle of Sulfatrim that had been opened, a few weeks previously for another piggy. He didn't make any progress whatsoever. Took him to see Simon and he said about prescribing Sulfatrim and I said I already have him on it, but it's not working. That's when he told me it deteriorates rapidly once opened. He prescribed a fresh bottle and Nigel improved very quickly.

Thank You. She’s really not well today so I’ll count today as day 1 then

Back