shes drinking an awful lot...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong place, but as some of you read I'm worried my Penelope is pg, ive weighed her today (4 days since i last weighed her and the others) and she has put in 12g in 4 days?!:{

Then over the last 24 hours ive been noticing that Lilly has been drinking continuously and hanging around the food bowl in some form of attempt to eat as much as she can - she has put on 9g in 4 days, and although she is little ("Little Lilly" ), she does seem to be getting a little rounded.

They are 7 weeks now....when will she start showing if she is? (ive had these two and Dolly for 5 days now) and i think they were with the male until they were about 4/5 weeks old....HELP!

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
You won't be able to see anything at all before about five weeks into pregnancy, and most likely later if you are not experienced, so I am afraid that you simply have to sit it out for a few more weeks!

Weigh them once weekly at the same time of the day for best results. You are looking after them well and that is all you can do. Weighing too often won't help you! You simply can't hurry things on and at this stage the pups are still too small to make a real difference to the weekly weight gain.

CPHill

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hate to say it but isn't lots of drinking one of first signs of guinea pregnancies? I've had a similar experience where 4 weeks ago I bought my first ever piggies, 2 girls. 11 days ago I came home and found 2 babies! I just thought she was fat from being a piggy pig!

After getting over initial shock I am now falling in love with babies. Approaching heart wrenching decision of whether to keep babies or not which is made more complicated by only one being a boy. Keep us posted! :)

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Drinking more is one of the first signs of pregnancy, but in itself it is not a surefire sign to confirm pregnancy as there can be other reasons - many of the earlier signs are ambiguous. You can only conclude that there is a strong likelihood for pregnancy, but you won't be able to confirm pregnancy until the second half or last third of the pregnancy, not even a vet, either.

Reaction score
i rescued a pregnant pig, and didn't notice her increased drinking compared to my other pigs :/

Status
Not open for further replies.