• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

shocked at pets at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennian

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i went to the pets at home in middlebrook horwich tonight for some hay and always i could'nt resist looking at the guinea pigs and i was shocked to see one guinea pig doing the cleaning of the bits on another guinea and doing the mateing call then my husband spotted a sign that read along the lines of all mixed guinea pigs please check the sex xx

Nothing surprises me about P@H anymore.

I worked there about 6 years ago when I was 16 and used to go home crying about things that happened there.

Most pet shops can never guarentee the sex as it is just people like me (not qualified in anything to do with animals) that have to sex them when they come into the store.

Pippa and Willow will be two in January and Pixel is almost one :)

It'll be a shame if they've et their standards slip here :( I've always been impressed with this store, how knowledgable staff are and how the animals always seem to have everything they need.

Will keep an eye on them at Middlebrook, as we only live up the road :)

they had four gorgeous rescue guinea pigs but ive got more than enough on my plate with all my guineas or i would have rescued them they were so cute x x

Nothing surprises me about P@H anymore.

I worked there about 6 years ago when I was 16 and used to go home crying about things that happened there.

Most pet shops can never guarentee the sex as it is just people like me (not qualified in anything to do with animals) that have to sex them when they come into the store.

Ditto - nothing surprises me either about Pets At Home. The threads on here are endless…

I can't believe that they would keep mixed animals? Every p@h I have been in has had 2 seperate pens? I know they have a sign to state please double check the sex but I couldn't imagine they would keep them all together?

I can't believe that they would keep mixed animals? Every p@h I have been in has had 2 seperate pens? I know they have a sign to state please double check the sex but I couldn't imagine they would keep them all together?

They are in two pens at this store too ;)

They can be bad, they can be good. I think people should have a short training course when working there on all bloodi animals... bad bad. :)

I know rabbits can be quite hard to sex, but piggies aren't that difficult imo so they should be able to guarantee their sexes. Then again a lot of them are in mixed cages before they arrive at the stores so still no guarantee you won't end up with a pregnant sow.

The vet struggled with mine lol, the rescue I got him from couldn't guarantee for me so I took him to the vet (for his myxi too) and he took ages to tell.

I've heard that bucks can hide their bits too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back