• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Should I Be Trying Something Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,

So right now my 4 pigs live in two separate 2x4 C&C cages (one on top of each other). I have a foam floor in that area, so the bottom cage has a foam floor covered by coroplast, then newspaper or puppy pads (depending on what I have) and last a double layer of fleece. The top cage has the same minus the foam. Is there something better to be using underneath the fleece?The pee never reaches the foam floor on the bottom as it's completely covered by the coroplast. It was a wee bit stinky in the room today when I went in to clean their pens. I think it was because we were out a washing machine this week so I had to wash their fleece by hand the last time. But I thought I would ask what other people are using. I do a poop pick everyday and usually clean their fleece and replace the newspaper/pads every three days but sometimes I can get away with four lol! Thanks everyone!

I do think it's the best absorbent layer you can get :) As long as your fleece is wicking away the moisture fine then the towelling should do you well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back