• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Should I Change My Hay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have had my piggies a few weeks and they have always had the same hay, (Pets at home one) my mum bought me a different kind from B&M but I am a bit scared to use it, am i worrying too much ?

You may find the hay from B&M is actually nicer. Does it look and smell OK ?

You may find the hay from B&M is actually nicer. Does it look and smell OK ?
I have not opened it yet... Looks ok, I will have to open it and see.. I just wasn't sure being a new owner.. It's like having a baby and changing its milk lol !

If you guinea pigs are anything like mine , they'll like a variety in their hay.

Using different hay does not seem to affect my guinea pigs. So far since I have owned them for just over a year, they have had 4 different kinds of hay. I would just try it with them if it looks and smells ok. As people have said you may find they prefer it.

It pays to try different hays to see what they like. Seems like B&M hay is well liked by those above too :)

Is it the one with dandelion? If it is my girls LOVE it, they are munching their way through big piles of it as I speak. They also like tesco value and little friends from Asda so long as it's nice and green. :)

A second vote for little friends Asda hay too. My girls have just finished their bag of that. Loved it :)

I have the dandelion hay from b and m and my pigs like it also wilko meadow hay goes down well too. But i havent had my girls turn down any hay yet, the greedy girls!

My boys love the meadow hay from B&M and hate P@H. I change hays around just for a little variety but in all honesty I don't think they care :P

I use the hay from B&M and my girls love it. They popcorn whenever they hear the bag rustling and sometimes run up into the loft and sit by their hay tray. Try it, chances are your pigs will love it.

hi, just looked at the B&M hay, it doesn't say dust extracted but i am assuming it will be ok?

hi, just looked at the B&M hay, it doesn't say dust extracted but i am assuming it will be ok?

Yeah it's good :) I'm currently buying the big bags of the meadow hay from there. It's really nice stuff, the girls go mad for it. There's always the odd bit of dust but nothing that has irritated them so far.

Thanks Ayemee.. I will give them a bit later and see if they scoff it :tu:

Would you mind me asking if you have a picture or link online to the packet of hay you're using? When I went to B&M a while ago, they had all different kinds of hay for some reason but I can't remember what they were. :doh:

Would you mind me asking if you have a picture or link online to the packet of hay you're using? When I went to B&M a while ago, they had all different kinds of hay for some reason but I can't remember what they were. :doh:
i will take a photo now ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back