• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Should I get more guinea pigs?

MollythePiggylover

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As you may know I have four guinea pigs all sows. I know that the best combination would probably be a few sows and a boar. If I did get another guinea pig (boar) I would neuter him (obviously) and get a way bigger cage. The thing is I don't know a place to get a guinea pig. And most of you I'm guessing live in the UK and I live in New York. I know a few of you do live in north eastern America so If you do read this and you live in that region could you please recommend that place? thank you!

Are there any rescues in your area? If you have the space and the funds, I see no reason why you shouldn’t have more piggies :D but do you have a back up plan should the new piggy not get on with one or more of your sows?

Okay, I guess there is some in my area but not really any close by I was really just wondering if there was any smaller shelters because I support new and growing businesses

Okay, I guess there is some in my area but not really any close by I was really just wondering if there was any smaller shelters because I support new and growing businesses

Supporting new and growing business is great, but when it comes to animal shelters, youd be better to look for an established, reputable and recommended one. Anybody can call themselves a shelter but it doesn’t necessarily mean they know what they are doing.

this guide may be helpful to you

A Closer Look At Pairs (Boars - Sows - Mixed)

Back