• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Should I keep the Light on or Off in the shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PingandChipy

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,

I asked this on the rabbit forum but I only got one reply, so I thought I'd try here.

I have a shed with 2 bunnies and 4 guinea pigs in it. it has two windows but one is covered up to keep the cold out so it is quite dark in there.

I'm trying to figure out if I should leave the light on in the day for them? What do you guys think? Can animals get S.A.D? It must be depressing for them as it is so dark all day.

One window does let some light in so it's not pitch black dark but still...

I suppose you could leave the light on for them if you think they will have a better quality of life through the winter months, I can't answer your question as to wether they suffer from SAD though. Follow your instinct and go with what you are happy with.:)

i would leave the light on in the day if it were me, don't have any scientific reason why though, i'd just think its nicer for them to have day and night, :))

As long as you remember to turn it off at night time that should be fine, maybe get a natural light bulb x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back