• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Should I Put Down Guinea Pig?

Lyssacc1920

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Mu guinea pig seems like shes in pain. She has some vaginal bleeding and several growths, one on her neck which is the biggest. She can still walk and she runs if scared by a sudden movement, however I've heard that guinea pigs hide pain very well. She hasnt eaten or drank much and she doesnt move unless she has to. She was trying to chew on a towel earlier which shes never done before. It breaks my heart but my I dont have the money for surgery. The only thing that mafe me think twice was that one of the growths on her abdomen looks much smaller, but (sorry for the tmi) her vagina looks stretched open by the growth. I'm not quite sure what happened but I just don't want her to suffer, as I noticed the growths about 5 months ago and they were quite big at the time. She seemed like she was doing okay for a long time. I made an appointment for tomorrow morning to put her down, but I just want more opinions. I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing for her.

Mu guinea pig seems like shes in pain. She has some vaginal bleeding and several growths, one on her neck which is the biggest. She can still walk and she runs if scared by a sudden movement, however I've heard that guinea pigs hide pain very well. She hasnt eaten or drank much and she doesnt move unless she has to. She was trying to chew on a towel earlier which shes never done before. It breaks my heart but my I dont have the money for surgery. The only thing that mafe me think twice was that one of the growths on her abdomen looks much smaller, but (sorry for the tmi) her vagina looks stretched open by the growth. I'm not quite sure what happened but I just don't want her to suffer, as I noticed the growths about 5 months ago and they were quite big at the time. She seemed like she was doing okay for a long time. I made an appointment for tomorrow morning to put her down, but I just want more opinions. I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing for her.

Hi!

I am very sorry for your situation but it sounds like euthanasia is the kindest thing you can do; the sooner the better.

The information in this guide link here will hopefully help you, as it takes you in detail through all the aspects you have been asking about to help you make an informed decision for your piggy and yourself. Please click on here: A Practical and Sensitive Guide to Dying, Terminal Illness and Euthanasia in Guinea Pigs

Sorry for your situation.. please get her to a vet as soon as possible... x

I'm sorry for your situation... I think you need to talk to the vet about her diagnosis and prognosis and then make the kindest decision you can for her. It's never easy, ((HUGS)) to you.

So sorry for you, such a sad situation, sending you hugs x

Back