• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Should I Replace Plastic Hideys In Ferplast Cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimzer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ok looking for some opinions. I have the ferplast 140 cage like this one http://www.cagesworld.co.uk/p/Ferplast_140_Rabbit_Cage.htm with the two plastic hidey with food bowls on top for their nuggets. I have always had the cage set up like that plus two fleece beds on the floor.

However, I'm now considering removing the plastic hideys as they take up a lot of room and I was thinking of putting in pigloos or those wooden stick hideys instead and just putting their nuggets on the floor.

The girls never particularly share them and the entrances are quite small so if one is in and the other one joins I always wonder if the other one can manage to get out ok if that makes sense.

My mum says i should leave it because Daisy (who I have had from a baby) has always had it like that and she's used to it but I think she might like a change :/

I agree with you. It does take up a lot of space. In my experience piggies enjoy change. Daisy may even popcorn!

I removed the front off of my hidey and it turned it into a shelf. As my boys were fighting when in the hidey. They still get the floor space and now a shelve too.

Oops ignore me as I have a different cage it's the 120 I've got. Lol (plus a c&c extension on top)

Haha Julie! What do you mean by an extension on top? How does that work with the cage roof? Do you have a photo?

Also, does anyone know where I can buy the wooden stick bridge/hidey things. Look at a few websites and can't seem to find them.

Ahh yes the second one is what I'm looking for. Do you think it will belong enough for a piggy to go right into it though one it's bent over if you know what I mean? I would like something big enough (will buy 2) for them to be able to get right into and curl up at night.

Ahh yes the second one is what I'm looking for. Do you think it will belong enough for a piggy to go right into it though one it's bent over if you know what I mean? I would like something big enough (will buy 2) for them to be able to get right into and curl up at night.
If it says guinea pig it will be ok. Pets at home do a bridge too, but you need the one saying large size.

Haha Julie! What do you mean by an extension on top? How does that work with the cage roof? Do you have a photo?
image.jpgMy father in law cut a hole in both the cage roof and in one of the grids. It's now on top of a wooden tv unit as the stand wasn't up to holding the weight. lol forgot to say we added a ramp.

Thanks. I had to adapt the ramp by sticking a corex side on it and sticking wooden planks (g pig chews) onto the ramp for grip. Lol. Now they zoom up and down it.

Yes they really do. When I homed them they were just in the red cage with no hay and just sawdust piled on top of dirty sawdust. ;(

Does anyone know what I could use to build a shelf for my cage? My imagination has run away with me after seeing some pics on the forum haha. Not sure if grids would be strong enough or big enough if joined together. Has anyone done this before?

I think you can buy wooden shelves for those cages on line somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back