• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Should We Take Them Away On Small Holiday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So, we are not planning a massive holiday this year due to going to Florida in oct last year & a large tax bill this month! We are planning just a little 4 night stay away in a lodge about an hour and bits drive away... so.. other half says take them with us and the other option is my folks will come over and stay and look after them... just wondered whether the up heaval might be too much just for 4 nights.... the c&c cage can fit in his van as it is secured to a board...

We take ours away in the caravan for long weekends. For example travelling from Dudley to Shrewsbury for Easter (four nights) without a problem. As long as you can take pets in the Lodge I would take them. The more you take them with you the more they get excited the next time you go away. I would suggest though as an idea is check the vet locator for where you are going. The chance you will need a vet will be low but better to be prepared. Its one of the things we do when we plan where we are going.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
I have a touring caravan that is seasoned on a quiet site about an hours drive away. If I go for any longer than one night I always take my piggies (two girls and a boy). There's a grassy hill at the back of my van where I put the large pen if it's nice weather, otherwise they take turns to free roam in the van. Their cages are on the bunk beds for at night time.

I got the Guinea girls 3 years ago for my daughters 10th birthday after years of mithering and me saying she could have them when she was older. Now (even though my daughter's lost interest) I'm completely hooked on these little creatures and their individual characters. I can see me still owning them well into my dotage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back