• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

May is a busy month for birthdays in our house. Me, husband, son, his girlfriend and my dad. So we are having a little get together to celebrate all of them at once.

I’ve started the cakes.

View attachment 248455

Also I made pizza (Frozen pizza base lol) this week. It was the tastiest pizza I’ve ever eaten. Yummy.

View attachment 248456
That’s such a lovely birthday celebration. Happy birthday to you all 🎈
And that pizza looks tasty! I did once make a base from scratch. Maybe I need to try it again…

That all looks yummy @weepweeps. What are the cakes going to be? I used to make celebration cakes when my boys were little. I've made racing cars, race tracks, pirate ships, treasure islands, Teletubbies, teddy bears, pink pigs, guinea pigs and giraffes to name but a few.
The loaf tin is a lemon drizzle cake and the the other two will be a Victoria sponge. The individual ones will be iced in butter cream.

Is the lemon drizzle easy to make? Not that I should make cakes. I need to learn to make gingerbread. The youngest doesn’t like cakes (can you believe that!?) so I usually get gingerbread biscuits for her birthday and cake for her to cut for the rest of us. Yes, the birthday girl/boy cuts cake after we sing to them 😁

Is the lemon drizzle easy to make? Not that I should make cakes. I need to learn to make gingerbread. The youngest doesn’t like cakes (can you believe that!?) so I usually get gingerbread biscuits for her birthday and cake for her to cut for the rest of us. Yes, the birthday girl/boy cuts cake after we sing to them 😁
So easy and soooooo tasty. Mine is better than Waitrose. I use the all in one method. Would you like the recipe?

@Siikibam here is the Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe

Ingredients

3 eggs
Self Raising Flour
Sugar
Butter (I use marg specifically for cakes)
Zest of 1 large Lemon

Topping ingredients

Juice of the lemon
Granulated sugar

Method

Firstly weigh the 3 eggs in their shells. So yesterday my 3 eggs weighed 180g so I used 180g of flour, 180g of sugar and 180g marg. (this amount made the loaf tin and 5 muffins)

Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix until light and fluffy.

Oven set to 160 Celsius

Then make the topping. I don’t measure the sugar you need to add it to the lemon juice until it looks like wallpaper paste.

Once the cake is cooked and still hot use a fork to make lots of holes all over the top. Then spoon over the drizzle mixture. The sugar will set hard. Enjoy!

Ingredients

3 eggs
Self Raising Flour
Sugar
Zest of 1 large Lemon

Topping ingredients

Juice of the lemon
Granulated sugar

Method

Firstly weigh the 3 eggs in their shells. So yesterday my 3 eggs weighed 180g so I used 180g of flour, 180g of sugar and 180g marg. (this amount made the loaf tin and 5 muffins)

Oven set to 160 Celsius

Then make the topping. I don’t measure the sugar you need to add it to the lemon juice until it looks like wallpaper paste.

Once the cake is cooked and still hot use a fork to make lots of holes all over the top. Then spoon over the drizzle mixture. The sugar will set hard. Enjoy!
YUM!

Ingredients

3 eggs
Self Raising Flour
Sugar
Zest of 1 large Lemon

Topping ingredients

Juice of the lemon
Granulated sugar

Method

Oven set to 160 Celsius

Thank you

My friend who usually takes care of my piggies while I'm on holiday, stopped keeping guinea pigs herself about two years ago. She now has spiders. 🕷️
I like spiders but I wouldn't want to keep them as pets but they seem to have their own charme because she had got three of them now.
Since the piggies will be staying with her again soon, I'm working on a crocheted spider.
The body and head are finished, yesterday evening I did the first leg.
20240522_075540.jpg
20240522_075556.jpg
Only 7 more to go. :yikes:

IMG_0578.jpegIMG_0572.jpegHow do you even keep spiders as pets?!
I was gifted a crocheted piggy by one of the children in my class.

I’ve got some new yarn to knit my sister’s mother-in-law a jumper. I need to swatch and plan to start that today or tomorrow, depending on if I want to work on my colourwork jumper!

Back