• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sick guinea pigs.

Mary1948

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I bought several guinea pigs because of their living conditions. I’ve had over half die. I feed lots of greens plus other fruits and vegetables. They have plenty of hay all the time along plenty of feed. After I got them home I noticed loss of hair and red looking places. I bought medicated creams and shampoos for mites and ring worms with advice from my vet. They never stop eating. One was with pup and one expecting. All babies died in two weeks or sooner. I’m giving vit c. Has any one else ever had this problem? Eat all the time and loosing weight fast. Help. I want to help them, but have no idea how. Never had the before.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
The pup deaths may be a result of genetic problems but that is only hazarding a guess. And sometimes pregnancies don’t end well. They’re risky especially if they’re pregnant back to back. But I’m afraid we can’t help you beyond that. We’re not vets and neither are we qualified. You need to get your piggies seen by a (preferably) experienced exotic vet. Wishing you all the best.