• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

sick piggie!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinea_Lover

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My guinea pig (spice) she is quite a fast eater! everytime she eats something she tends to cough and throws it back out again? well doesnte exactly throw it out but like when she coughs like liguidy stuff comes out of her mouth! also she has black bogeys in her nose...?

i wanna take her vets but my mum and dad wont listen to me!? :(

Laura-CCC4

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It is normal for pigs to bite off more than they can chew, being greedy, in itself not to much of a concern. However, you have to be sure that the pig is actually able to chew, to know that the pig is eating everything and it's not the case that they are not chewing their food properly because of a dental or oral problem.

I understand what you are saying about your parents, but the points raised in the latter part of this post I am linking you to, from someone elses previous thread, need to be considered:
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=903091&postcount=12

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My guinea pig (spice) she is quite a fast eater! everytime she eats something she tends to cough and throws it back out again? well doesnte exactly throw it out but like when she coughs like liguidy stuff comes out of her mouth! also she has black bogeys in her nose...?

i wanna take her vets but my mum and dad wont listen to me!? :(

Hope Spice is ok and you get to take her to the vets :)

Status
Not open for further replies.