• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

silver fox piggie

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bramble

any one got a pic? or know a web site? i didnt even know they exsisted ! but have been offered one ! :D

I've never heard of them....are they another rare breed?

Barbara

Foxes have a solid body colour with pea spots behind the ears and some ticking on the body. The tummy is like the Agouti's- a different colour to the top colour eg Silver. They also have eye circles in the same colour as the belly and theit chest is the same colour as the belly too. They were introduced about 6 years ago with the Black Tans.

tx karengpr ! i was in the dark ! going to have a look at THE LITTLE LADY TOMORROW ::)

Silver Foxes are lovely! They are a fairly new breed and I believe came originally from Switzerland, along with a similar breed, the black tan (which is black on top with tan underside). The foxes and tans also come in other colours (eg lilac fox / lilac tan; choc fox / choc tan). All variations are really beautiful.

Have never seen one - if you get a picture, please post it on here - would love to see what they look like :)

Here you go, this is one of my sows :)

foxsow3506.jpg

Kat

That's a lovely girl! I had a silver fox netherland not much bigger than a guina pig and she was beautiful.

mmmm needless to say i brought mable home yesterday ! :D now i have a pic but camera playing up , will try n down load tomorrow !

You can also get a 'black otter' guinea pig, which is similar to the fox but the markings are cream instead of white (like the black otter rabbit. Here's some pics of a black otter boy I used to have, as you can see he's also crested:
2005_0805NewBoy05Aug050006.jpg

2005_0805NewBoy05Aug050004.jpg

2005_0805NewBoy05Aug050005.jpg

I have a chocolate otter boar. His markings are leaning more towards buff. I prefer buff markings on them as cream is too light and too close to white as in the fox. Buff is a happy medium between white and tan :)

Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back