Skanky veg

Winniepeg

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone give their piggies the freshest veg and eat the past display date for themselves? My boys are eating peppers bought yesterday and I’m roasting the pitted ones bought on Tuesday myself 🤪. Yesterday I ate the old mange tout and sweetcorn and gave the boys the fresh. On the plus side at least I’m eating loads of vegetables do thank you boys ( I think 🥴)

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone give their piggies the freshest veg and eat the past display date for themselves? My boys are eating peppers bought yesterday and I’m roasting the pitted ones bought on Tuesday myself 🤪. Yesterday I ate the old mange tout and sweetcorn and gave the boys the fresh. On the plus side at least I’m eating loads of vegetables do thank you boys ( I think 🥴)
Yes I do that too, I would never dream.of offering limp spinach or shrivelled up coriander or a less than pristine pepper to my precious piggy wigs, they get everything fresh and anything left over goes in a curry for the hoomans! Luckily we are all mostly veggie hoomans here so we dont mind a main meal made of "whatever the piggies left plus an onion, some spices and a tin of tomatoes" :)

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I do the same!
I hate It when people offer me saggy old vegetables for the guinea pigs.. Er no thanks, My pigs have HIGH standards!
If I wouldn’t eat it then I won’t feed it to the pigs either :))
Someone once gave me some rotten carrots and cabbage ... straight into the bin !

D

DMS260820

I feed the freshest stuff to my pigs aswell and eat the crap. The worst ilget is a stomach ache, the worst they will get is a couple of hundred pound vet bill.il take the first option 😉