• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Skin Problem Possibly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cari longest

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I bought my guinea pig Raeghan from pet smart yesterday. I was petting her and noticed that there was like almost a patch missing but some hair still covers it. There are a few red dots where the patch is.. I would post a picture but I'm on a cellphone and don't know how to upload one. Could it be mites or where a guinea pig could've bit her at the store . :/ please help!:)

Thank you for posting. That looks like a fungal infection. She will need to see a vet for treatment. You should ensure the pet shop pays for selling an ill piggy.

I agree it looks more like fungal than mites but the vet should be able to diagnose. It is not uncommon for pet shop pigs to arrive with skin issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back