• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Skinny Pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb

Reaction score
I have noticed more and more people have them now in the UK.

I cant quite make my mind up whether I like them or not. When they first started appearing I was horrified by 'bald' looking piggies but as time has gone on I can see why they would appeal to some people.

Does anyone on here have one ?

Deb x

I do, his name is Bear and he is a 7 month old boar.
I have always been facinated by hairless animals (freaky I know). I feel so privaligedd to own Bear, they are so hard to get your hands on in the Uk.
Obviously their care is different from "hairy" cavies, needing to be kept warm and indoors.
I must say he is by far they cheekiest of my cavies, always wheeking for food (which he eats tone of, to maintan body warmth), and is so full of charecter.

I have posted pics of him in the photo section under "My Little Man"

Evelyn too has one, called Doris. - Hope you don't mine me mentioning it Evelyn :)

I was like the same as you Deb, I used to find them really 'different' and didn't quite like or dislike them.

Now, the more I see them, the more I want one! LOL

At first i wasnt sure at all i just couldnt make my mind up but now i love them though i wouldnt have them for my own reasons mostly because id be a bit worried id hurt it lol and plus they are £80 and thats just too expensive for me lolx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back